Disordered

Star City

October 23, 10:42 PDT

A soft knocking on Jenna's door stirred her awake from yet another dreamless sleep. Forcing her eyes open, she blearily looked up to see Dinah peeking into her room.

"Hey, just wanted to remind you the team's counseling is today," her sister spoke softly.

Jenna grumbled. "Do I have to go?"

Dinah smiled, acting as if she expected that response. "Yes, and I'm going to use my role as your legal guardian to say that you have no choice," she said lightly before turning a bit more serious. "It'll be good for you, Jen. If not just talking about it, which I've let you choose not to do for the past week, but being there with your team."

She drew further into the room, sitting on the edge of Jenna's bed as the younger girl sat up. "Maybe being in their presence will help your nightmares," Dinah pointed out, but her sister only looked away with a scowl.

"Like you said, I don't have a choice," Jenna repeated. "I'll be there, don't worry."

She scratched a non-existent itch on her arm, contemplating something for a moment. "Have you heard how they're doing?"

If she had been having rough nights for an entire week, she was curious as to how the others were faring. Batman all but ordered them to stay home, even recommending to their mentors that the young heroes refrain from any other missions or patrols while they recuperate.

Jenna didn't argue with Dinah which was enough of a sign that the training simulation was harder on her than she let on. Aside from the night it happened, Jenna refused to discuss anything regarding what she experienced.

She fell into a routine. One that consisted of waking up from nightmares of her teammates dying over and over or a night of no dreams at all, going to school, heading back home to hole up in her bedroom until she tried to fall asleep any sooner than 2 a.m, failing, then succumbing to another night of bad dreams or tossing and turning. Rinse and repeat.

"I don't know any details, but I believe they're all doing about as well as you have been," Dinah explained. "Batman wanted to try and see if there would be any improvement on your own, but I had finally requested that I get the chance to talk it through with you all."

Jenna let out a long sigh. She wasn't sure if she was ready to talk about it. Even more so, she wasn't sure if she was ready to see the faces of the people she failed.

~/~/~/~

Mount Justice

October 23, 17:21 EDT

"Recognized: Siren, B-zero-two."

Jenna stood still for a moment, examining the room. She was glad to be back in such a familiar space but considering that it was where everything went wrong, she was lucky that she hadn't started to tear up.

Though, she supposed that she did plenty of crying through the past week.

She approached the four Leaguers—Batman, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, and Captain Marvel—that stood in the center of the room. A quick glance already told her where her team was located by the security camera that was pulled up for the adults to view.

"Is my sister here yet?" Jenna asked Martian Manhunter.

"Yes. She is in one of the conference rooms now with Superboy."

Jenna nodded absentmindedly, not saying another word as she left the room.

When she entered the lounge, her team acknowledged her arrival, though none of them spoke.