♡Chapter 28: Joining the DreamSMP

I wake up to my alarm ringing again - it's 6am. Another day, another school day. I turn my clock off, still laying in bed for a few more mins before I decide to get up. Wilbur is still asleep, better not wake him!
I quietly make my way out of the bedroom and start my usual morning routine for school.
Yesterday's stream with Wilbur was really successful and people were more nicer to me than the first time they saw me. Maybe they seen that I'm not a bad person at all and actually like me- which makes me happy. Always being the one getting sort of hated/that people dislike was never nice...

TW: BULLYING & CYBER-BULLYING
-
I remember a time in elementary school, when the whole class was against me. I managed to have only 1 best friend, who never hurt me, even when the whole class did horrible things to me. Locking me into the school restrooms, throwing my pencil case into the bin, pencils and things were hidden somewhere else, people drawing huge lines in my notebooks, telling me ‚good luck erasing that', people telling me awful things or just laugh at what I'm wearing, accusing me to cheat on a test when I never done that, people stealing my stuff and so on. The teachers tried to help me but not even they could stop the terror...
In secondary school it calmed down but people would avoid me/abandon me.
Outside of school, the cyber bullying began, of people prank calling me or pretending to be my dad. They'd ask me for inappropriate things, taking advantage of me. Making me join a group on the socials, only to bully me. I was not safe and I asked myself of why the world is so against me. What have I done to people to treat me like this? What caused them to be this cruel to me?
I'd tell myself that I'm the problem... which caused me to fall into a deep hole, that I barely could escape... eventually I did.

TW ENDS!

Now, I'm just so much more happier in life and eventually people left me alone. I'm in a better spot, especially now with living in the UK, with my psychology classes, with Wilbur, with everything. Life can be hard sometimes but in the end, not giving up and just doing the best to make things better, really pays off. It did especially for me.

~ 4PM ~
The clock at school hit 4pm! Time to go home! I've had a little test today and I hope I did good. It was our first test. Just a little check-up if we really understand what's getting taught to us.
I make my way to my bus stop, when I got a dm from Dream. I wonder what he has to tell me. I open Instagram to read his dm:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
[Dream: hey y/n. I just wanted to let you know that I want YOU on the Dream SMP. I've seen your skills yesterday- insanely good. You know how to play Minecraft and you're skilled. I think you have the potentials and qualities to join us on the server :) If you want to, please send me your IGN so I can send you the IP :) love, Dream
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
OMG DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN?! Did Dream just invite me to the Dream SMP? I've heard from Wilbur that it's a pretty popular Minecraft server and people are DYING to join it. The fact that Dream asks me to join, seeing me as a perfect member, makes me feel so honored.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
[Y/n: Hi Dream :) Yes, I'd love to join your server. I feel really honored that among so many, you chose me! Big thanks :O. My IGN is... [[your mc user]].
Again thank you, Dream :,)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
After I've told Dream my IGN, he sent me the IP to the Dream SMP. I told him I'll join shortly, since I'm in a bus. I need to go to my apartment to grab my computer things and then head to Wilbur's, who I'm actually, indirectly living with atm. Wilbur and me plan to move in together, which will happen in a few days.

I've arrived at Wilbur's and told him about what just happened.
„OMG Babe those are amazing news! I'm so happy Dream let you on", Wilbur says, pulling me into a hug.
„Thank you babe! I don't know what to say or feel about this. It's like I- ME, got invited to one of the most popular Minecraft servers. It's crazy to me", I say, hugging him back, almost jumping in excitement.
Wilbur and me decide to eat something, before we'll hop onto Minecraft so I can join the server. We won't stream it we decided, it'll be just me joining the SMP and maybe play on it for a while?
Wilbur will give me some emotional support, since it makes me a bit nervous, yet I'm excited. I can see Wilbur's happiness on his face. He's smiling so bright, not believing that now we can both play on the server and build things together.

Meanwhile I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen, Wilbur decided to set up my computer in his streaming room. He said that he has some space to set up a second computer and lends me his old gaming chair, which he had stored in his basement. He had bought himself a new one and kept the old one, just in base - which was good he did cuz the old chair, will be in use now.
I join Wilbur after the cleanup, to make my way to start Minecraft and type in the IP.
I boot up Minecraft and Wilbur tells me where to enter the IP. He explains me a few more things which I should know beforehand. I click ‚join' and it's loading...
y/n joined the game.
Thats it... I AM ON THE DREAM SMP!
immediately after I joined, Dream joined as well, hopping into vc with me. Wilbur sits next to me, still giving me emotional support. I'm a bit shaking but I feel excited.
„Hello y/n! Welcome to the Dream SMP", Dream greets me, shift dancing in front of me.
Hey Dream! Thank you for letting me on. It's a big honor", I greet him back, shift dancing too.
„No problem. I thought you'd be an amazing candidate to join, since I've seen your Minecraft skills yesterday. You're really good", Dream says, walking in circles but doesn't go too far away from where I am.
„Aww thank you Dream. I feel really honored. I've been playing Minecraft for... 4 years now I think?", I tell him, sounding super excited.
Dream walks off and lets me explore by myself. Despite me seeing the entire server yesterday already, I don't mind giving it a second round. As everyone sort of has a house on the server, I decided to also build mine.
Wilbur's home used to be L'manburg so I don't think he owns one...
„Hey babe? What is if I build us a home together?", I ask him, to which he agrees. I walk around to find a perfect spot to build - and eventually I did. It'll be nearby Tommy's dirt shack. Somewhere nearby since, everyone seems to live relatively close to each other.
Mine and Wilbur's Minecraft house will be made out of oak wood and it'll have 2 floors. A pretty garden and entrance. I ask Wilbur for his ideas of the house too, since it belongs to him too. My building skills aren't 100% perfect but I'd say I improved in building. Compared to 4 years ago, I can make better houses.

Wilbur thinks it'd be cool to add a L'manburg flag, just for decorations and reminder of a once great nation - so I make one. He told he how it looked like and based off of that, I craft it - beautiful! We place it somewhere randomly in our house.
I also decided to make a little fountain and add a tree with a swing on it.
I also get some armor and Wilbur told me that especially netherite armor is the one everyone is wearing - but for now I chose Iron Armor. We'll go into the nether another day to get netherite.

I see other players join the game too and I introduce myself once again with my own character and skin. Some decided to gift me things which is very sweet of them.
We hang out some time before I decided to leave. It's getting quite late and I want to spend some more alone time with Wilbur. I tell everyone ‚goodbye' before I log off. Wilbur has been with me the entire time, not leaving the room once. We fall into a hug before Wilbur requests to take a little walk.
I agree to it. We prepare to go outside and as soon as we leave the door, Wilbur grabs my hand. I grab his and so we just walk.
Wilbur says he knows a place he wants us to go. We talk about so much things while we walk. We laugh, we joke, we discuss, we just enjoy being together. Wilbur thought it was so funny to play ‚catch'... „I bet you can't catch me haha", he says as he runs off. Of course him with his long legs, he's so fast. „Wait until I get you mf", I laugh, trying to catch up to him.
I don't have the longest legs but I can run quite well. Unfortunately Wilbur is too fast for me so I don't manage to catch him. He runs off to the beach, then stops.
„Wilbur!", I yell! „You're so fast! I cant catch up", I say a little bit out of breath, arriving at the beach.
„Awww lil baby! Lil baby man! Lil babyyyyy", he yells, provoking me.
„Oh yeah?", I say, collecting all my energy to make a sprint towards him.
I manage to catch him and proceed to push him, which leads him to fall into the ocean, making him soaking wet.
„WHAT THE HELL BABE?", he yells, trying to get up. „The water is so cold..."
„Thats what you get from mocking me", I laugh, not able to hold myself.
„You may have outsmarted me here, but what you can do, I can do it too", Wilbur gets up and before I could even react, he picks me up and throws me into the ocean with him.
„OMG THE WATER IS SO COLD..", I yell out, soaking wet too.
„Thats what you deserve from laughing at me. That's called karma", Wilbur laughs.
„Argh, fuck youuu", I say sarcastically, trying to leave the ocean but Wilbur holds me back, picks me up again, and throws me into the ocean again.
„You think this is funny huh?", I ask him, wiping my hair out of my face.
„Yes, it is! Never underestimate me babe", he laughs more. I slap him playfully before he both go on land again, sitting on the beach.

Both of us soaking wet, sitting on the beach, throwing rocks in the ocean and just joke about everything. We have full moon today and the moon makes a reflection in the ocean. The beautiful sound of the waves and ocean, makes us feel really calm.
Despite being soaked and full of salt water, he cuddle and share some kisses. I lean my lean his shoulder, as he wraps his arm around me.
I wish I could forever remain like this. Not only am I with the man I absolutely fell in love with but also, I'm living in the country I absolutely love and always wanted to live.
We remain like this for half an hour, before we decided to head back to change and take a shower.
Brighton is so beautiful and especially with Wilbur.
———————————————————————————
Words: 1982♡
TYSM FOR ALL THE READS AND FOR THE FEW STARS THO :O. ALSO THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY STORY ONTO YOUR READING LISTS... I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS :,) I ENJOY WRITING THIS AS WELL. AFTER THIS, I'LL DO ANOTHER ONE SO IF YOU LIKE THIS ALREADY, YOU'LL LIKE THE SECOND ONE TOO. BUT I'LL FINISH THIS ONE FIRST. MANY CHAPTERS MORE TO COME :,)