Light beyond ones eyes (3)

Start from the beginning

He knew the reason why,

Cale glanced to the white blur that was zooming pass with them from a distance,

But he couldn't be bother explaining;

...

After a few more hours of running, they finally reached the wall that separated the Forest and civilization. They had to crawl through the mouse hole Cale had made two days prior to cross the border.

It was noon by the time they arrived,

and luckily or not,

Hans was there,

"Y--Young... YOUNG MASTER!!!"

The butler dropped the basket he was holding and ran towards Cale and began checking him immediately.

The red head was unscathed, but those several days of no showering will still stain him with filth. especially with the amount of running and crawling he did.

The young butler panicked,

"Are you okay? I'll call in medics and prepare a bath for you-- "Hans,"

Cale called out his name,

"I'm fine, I just fell down"

"I.. see"

Hans lowered his hands down and it was then he noticed another presence with them. The boy behind his young master looked like a beggar, he started to wonder if he was the reason his young master was in such a state...

"Hans,"

His call had snapped the young butlers train of thoughts immediately,

"Yes, Young master?"

"Prepare a bath," Cale said, he then looked back to the black haired boy, "You can speak right?"

"..Y-yeash" The black haired boy nodded, blushing a bit at his lisps

"What's your name?"

"C-choi han,"

Cale nodded his head, he looked back to the young butler,

"Prepare Choi han a bath..." He paused, "And also get a set of clothes for him too"

"..Yes, young master"

Hans bowed and walked away, not before he picked up the basket he accidently dropped a few minutes ago.

Cale had missed how the butler eyed Choi han from the corner of his eyes, but the black haired boy didn't.

Choi han on the other hand, had only briefly glanced at the orange head before his attention was taken away by the small village in front of him.

It was lively,

Choi han took his time observing and taking in the view, maybe even tried his best to burn the image of civilization he had missed so much. He had guessed he wasn't in his birthplace from when he first saw monsters,

But seeing this in front of him,

It had brought him both nostalgia and the heavy feeling of homesickness he had never bothered to think of during his time in the forest.

Choi han sighed,

Cale didn't say anything for a short while,

The person he brought with him;

Choi han,

He looked like a lost puppy that just saw the world that moment,

He wanted to let him bask in his emotions for longer, but he had something he had to do.

So he decide to open his mouth; "Choi han," he called,

Choi han gave him his full attention,

"Cale, That's my name. You can find me in that building over there."

Cale pointed towards the most fancy building in the village, the building he was staying at, "You can do whatever you want. But I'll be going now," He said and left without waiting for Choi han's answers,

It was when he was several steps ahead that he heard a reply;

"Thank you, Cale-nim"

Choi han bowed,

.

.

.

The half blood dragon had paid attention to the little conversations the child that his 'Father' had told him to watch over.

He truly has no idea why The White star had taken interest in such a child. But he supposed he knows at least one of the reason's now.

That child is strange,

Not that he didn't expect it since the boy even piqued that man's interest,

But never he ever thought he would get chill's just by standing next to a human child.

Especially just after his Father left...

He swore he could feel someone choking him when that child put his gaze on him. Even his instincts were screaming danger to the point he almost let out his own Dragon fear in response to that.

.

.

.

They arrived at Rain city four days later after Cale had showed up with a black hair boy with him.

The knight and servant's eyes were observing that new boy called Choi han; Some were curious, vigilant, disgusted...

But they had all somehow warmed up to him a bit in the last four days.

Something else Hans had noticed was...

Papers upon papers, stacked on top of each other

Hans, and probably a few other servants, had noticed that the subject their young master was drawing was a singular person.

It didn't look like anyone they knew,

Maybe it was a portrait of someone their young master imagined of?

But.. Why did he have such a melancholic look when he drew them?

(a/n; it's pencil sketch drawing. So only black and white)