Two Out Of Three

Madelyn's POV

"How could you kill him!" Thomas was shaking violently. He isn't in a position to question Dylan or anyone right now, I don't understand his logic.

"He wouldn't have stopped" Tyler cuts in. "He wouldn't have stopped, he would of kept trying to accomplish whatever his plans are and the fact he almost took advantage of his brother's girlfriend. He didn't deserve life." Dylan looked so calm hearing Tyler's response. He didn't show any emotion and it scares me.

I wanted to kill Pietro. I don't know if I could have really did it but I really wanted to hurt him. Now, I'm not so sure if I would have been able to go through with all of this.

"Figlio, Madre is here-" Dylan quickly snaps his head to the door. Carina stands there shocked. She gasps and holds her hand slightly against her mouth as she studies her son's dead body. Running, I go to her side. "Carina, let us go somewhere okay?" I try to usher her away but she stands firm. "M-mio Pietro" she starts to shake and tremble.

Just then, I see Mr Romano, Marco, come running to his wife's side. "What happened my -" he stops mid sentence when his head turns to see where his wife is looking. "Pietro!" He runs to Pietro and starts to frantically call out his name. "N-no" he keeps begging for his son to open his eyes.

"Tyler, get my mamà out of here. Madelyn go with them" I nod and Tyler lifts up Carina taking her upstairs. "Let's take her somewhere quiet, she'll need it." Tyler nods and helps to put Carina in the car. I jump in the front seat and we drive in silence to the wide open field Dylan took me, after we went to The Golden Wings on our first date.

After telling Tyler to wait in the car, I get out and open the back door for Carina and gently help her out. I watch her walk further into the field, passing the long grass on her sides and she slowly goes on her knees. I don't rush to her, instead I keep my pace and walk to her taking my time.

She starts to tremble more, and for the first time since she's seen her son's body, cry. "m-my heart, it hearts so much" I sit down next to her crossing my legs. She falls on me, allowing her body to lean on me and break down wailing. "M-my son" she screams and clutches my shirt tightly in her hands. "H-he" I gently rub her back. "I know" is all I say.

"The pain of losing someone. Of something going away and out of your reach is scary and heartbreaking. I know Carina. When my parents died, I was relieved but sad at the same time. They were the only family I had. The lady who gave life to me and the man who was suppose to protect me, are now forever gone. It hurts. Seeing how close you are to Dylan and the love you have for him as your son, I can't fathom the pain." She starts to calm down a bit. I think having someone understand even a little helps.

"M-my son is gone. You become a mother when you have a child. But being a mum, is more intimate. There's a special bond that forms between child and mum. All those years, are lost. From seeing his first step, to hearing the first word that he learns, to leaving him at school for the first time, to celebrating with him when he finished school. Things like that, are all now memories of him and the time shared with him. I-i feel broken. I feel a piece of me is gone. I can't bare this pain. M-my chest p-physically hurts. It's tightening, it won't stop and my stomach is so twisted. I feel the bile at the back of my throat trying to push up and my head is pounding. This isn't something m-m-medication can fix and I don't want to feel so much pain. P-please h-help me, please. I can't do this" I grab onto her more securely.

She's really hurting and she can hardly talk without stuttering every now and then. "Carina, I can't help you stop breaking but I can give you company through it. You have my time and support" she sobs as she nuzzles her face in the crook of my neck.

"I-i can't b-bare this. My b-baby is d-dead" I hug her and whisper reassuring words in her ear. I can't do anything but this. I feel so helpless against her broken heart.

Dylan's POV

"W-what have you done!" My papà roars snapping his head to me. He gets off the floor and storms over to me. "How could you!" I allow him to shake my body aggressively. "You knew what he did to-" Papa shoves me and I stumble back, "don't you dare bring that into this. You killed your brother, he was my son!" I watch as his breathing becomes more rapid and heavy.

"why would you harm your-" I put my hand up to stop his sentence. "I loved my brother but this wasn't him. He lost his way and you know that papà. He was willing to kill me, you, mamà and everyone else! He needed to be stopped and I stopped him."

Papà looked at me defeated. "I've lost two of my children, do you have any idea how painful it is? Did you consider madre!" I look down ashamed and with guilt. "I'm sorry but, he wanted to hurt everyone. We aren't bad people and how can you let him roam earth with the intention to hurt everyone who he meets?" Papà shakes his head disapproving and walks out without saying anything back.

I know this is hard to process. I've lost two brothers in one lifetime now, and it doesn't feel good. But we lost Pietro when he lost himself, lost his sanity. There's no way we could of went back to a happy family who had lunches on Sundays around a big table. I made a decision based on what I thought was right. Leave aside emotions, but this was the next most logical solution.

Locking him up or sending him to jail, that wouldn't of held him. He would of found a way to escape and come after us. Sometimes, you need to put a sleeping dog to lie.