Chapter 12: Another Mutant!

Start from the beginning

"If Sensei lets her train," Leo said. I realized I was correct; the slower footsteps had been Master Splinter. He had been standing there quietly the entire time, and I forgot he was there.

"I will meditate on it. But if I am to train Abigail, I must also train Sarah, Mackenzie, and Makayla, so they all know how to defend themselves," Splinter spoke gently but sternly. He left silently and walked to the dojo.

"Are you alright, Sarah?" I asked. She nodded and gave a small smile.

"I think. Thanks for.... cheering me up."

"You're my friend, Sarah. I'm not mad. Ya just gotta THINK POSITIVE!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air and then falling over onto my shell. Again.

"Jeez, I think I need to work on standing before I can even begin to train. Or run. Or flip. Or-"

"We get it!" Raph growled in annoyance. I mock-pouted.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm not insulted by your displeasure, Raph. In fact, I'm pleased," I chuckled. Raph glared at me.

For the rest of the day, everyone was helping me learn my new balance, and Donnie taking blood samples just to make sure I was ok. He said it was surprising I didn't pass out when I mutated.

"Did you pass out when you were mutated?" I asked.

"Point taken, but that's like asking how it felt to be born. We don't remember!" Donnie explained.

It was about 7:30 when I started to finally get the hang of walking by myself. I walked carefully to the kitchen, but I was upright and walking normally. As long as I didn't lean back, I would be fine! I suddenly realized why the turtles run hunched over; to keep their balance.

Wow, a lot had happened today. We met the turtles, I was mutated, I made Donnie angry.

My friends and I still couldn't believe I was a mutant. I wouldn't be able to go to school anymore! And I was a straight A student. I sighed and went to Donnie's room. I laid down just as Sarah, Kenzie, and Kayla walked in.

"How ya doing?" Kenzie asked. I shrugged.

"I'm sorry you can't go to school anymore. We can say you had to get surgery and will be out for the next few months if you want. And we can bring you the work!" Kayla suggested. I smiled at her. It was actually a good idea.

"Could you guys?" I asked. They nodded. I smiled thankfully. They left to give me some alone time.

"Um.... Abby?" a voice asked from the doorway. I shifted so I could see Donnie standing there.

"Hi Donnie," I replied.

"Guess what?" he asked excitedly.

"What?"

"Master Splinter says he will train you guys!" he exclaimed. I smiled widely.

"Really?! YES!" I jumped up and pumped my fist. I almost fell over, but I caught myself.

"I see you're balancing better. Wanna come with me to tell the others?" Donnie asked. I nodded enthusiastically. He led me to the guest room.

"GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!" I yelled, pounding on the door. Sarah opened it, looking irritated. I grinned.

"GUESS WHAT?!?!?!" I screamed in her face. Kenzie and Kayla came out behind Sarah.

"What?" Kayla asked, squealing like a little kid.

"We are gonna be NINJAS!!!!!"

They gasped, and all smiled like 3 year olds on Christmas. We high-fived, but we had 18 fingers since I now had three.

We all ran to the dojo, wondering when we would start. Splinter was waiting.

"Master Splinter, we-"

"Do not call me Master Splinter. Call me Sensei." he welcomed us into the dojo, where many different color cloths were. Bandanas!

"Before you can become ninjas, you must bear the mark that shows you are a ninja. Pick a mask color, and we will cut holes for your eyes and adjust it to fit." Splin- Sensei explained.

"Abigail, you go first."

I walked slowly to the table, examining the different colors. My favorite color was orange, but Mikey already had an orange bandana. Kayla would probably want pink, so I left that too. I spotted a turquoise one too, but left it for Kenzie. There was also a grey mask, and I assumed Sarah would want it. Besides, grey isn't my color.

The only colors left were yellow, pinkish-orange (or coral), black, and green. My eyes were immediately drawn to the coral one, and I took it, smiling. I wrapped it around my eyes, and turned around, but there weren't any eye holes so it was just blackness. I giggled.

"You all look wonderful," I laughed. Kayla chuckled, and Kayla giggled. Sarah smirked, as always.

"Great choice, Abigail," Splinter said. I smiled wider.

"Thank you, Sensei."

I walked back to my friends and attempted to sit like the turtles - with my legs folded beneath me and my hands on my lap. I failed miserably and decided to just sit cross-legged.

Next, Kenzie chose a bandana. Like I predicted, she picked the turquoise one, but she also asked if the turtles had any light blue ribbon. She followed Leo out to look for some in a closet.

Sarah chose after Kenzie. She walked straight up to the grey one, but seemed to be debating whether she wanted black or grey. She chose grey.

Lastly, Kayla. She bounced up to the table and grabbed pink. She also asked if she could take yellow, because she wanted to cut out little hearts and glue them onto her mask. Master Splinter approved.

Once we all had our masks, and Kenzie came back with Leo, Splinter explained how training would work.

"Abigail, you will train at 7 am with Leonardo and Donatello. Michelangelo and Raphael train at 8, because often Raphael attempts to injure Leonardo, but not Michelangelo."

At this Raph shot a small, almost unnoticeable glare at Sensei, and Leo nudged him. Raph turned the glare to Leo before rolling his eyes and turning back to Splinter.

I nodded, but groaned inwardly. 7 am?! I usually wake up at, like, 10! On weekends, of course. I wake up at 7:30 for school....

"On the weekend, Abigail, you will train at noon, for the boys usually go out on an early morning patrol and than train when they arrive back home.

"Sarah, Mackenzie, and Makayla. You will train at 4 pm. On the weekends, you will train at noon with everyone else. This starts next week."

At least I could sleep in on the weekend, and I would need it.

The four of us looked at each other excitedly as we left the dojo. Kenzie was shaking with happiness, and even Sarah was grinning. This was gonna be awesome!!!

A/N: I'm soooooo sorry for the lack of updates, again! I just have been so busy with school, and final exams are coming up, and wow. I know this still doesn't make up for not updating in almost 2 months. Thanks for reading this even though updates are slow, I'll update more when school is over, I promise!

~Donnie