Chapter 20 "Fear Of The Past"

Jackson
I watched as Jade was sound asleep on my chest. She's so beautiful. God I love this girl. I looked over at my clock. 6:37. I need to take her home.

"Baby.. Jade.. Baby wake up.." I shake her lightly as her eyes flutter open. She looked up & smiled at me.

"Good morning beautiful." I told her.

"Good morning." She replied.

"Jade?.."

"Yes?"

"You gotta go home. We got school." She started to frown.

"But I don't wannaaa." She started to whine. So cute.

"C'mon." I say getting out of bed picking her up bridal style & carrying her to my bathroom. I run her bath water. Once I thought it was enough I stripped her down. Kissing her soft skin in the process. I placed her in the tub & lathered her body. Is she... Snoring? I laughed to myself. I guess a nigga wore her out.

I grabbed the bag of clothes I had bought her that I was supposed to give her earlier but as you could tell we was pretty occupied.

"Jade..."

"Hmmmm" she whines.

"Put this on." I lay the bag next to her as she removes to clothing.

"Ohhhh nice!" She says putting it on. I had just bought her a hoodie with "that's mine" on it & some black & white Roshe's. She looked up & could tell I had on a matching hoodie & shoes myself.

"We're matching." She says blushing.

"Nahh we just wearing the same thing." I say sarcastically as she sends a punch to my right side.

"Damn Rocky!" I say falling back a little. This nigga strong.

She laughs "Lets go." I walk out of my room & grab her hand. We walk towards my car & get her in as we ride off.

"WAIT! Something's wrong..." She has a worried look on my face.

"Wassup? What is it?" I say worried.

"My mom. I text her last night & told her I was with you & she never text me back." She says as her breathing quickened.

"Baby calm down. Maybe she just not texting back. Shit my mama don't text me back." I let out a laugh but she didn't seem amused.

"J. I am dead ass serious. What if something happened?!" She was scared but like Jade she's covering it with anger.

"I'll take you over there. Just to check stuff out. She shouldn't be gone to work yet right?"

"Right." She looked like she was on the edge of tears. It broke my heart to see her like that. This only happened like once when we were younger..
_____________Flashback____________

"Jade? Honey? It's getting late. I think it's time to go home." Jackson's mother yells. She was playing at Jackson's house.

"Okay Mrs. Williams. Did my mommy call?" Little Jade asked her.

"Um.. No sweetie. Let's just take you home." Jackson's mom thought to herself that this was weird. She usually always calls & tells me she's gonna pick her up.

"Okay Mrs. Williams." Jade runs off & grabs Jackson.

"Can J J come?" She looks up with pleading eyes.

"Well it's late but... Sure. Okay." They all walk out & get into her car. Mrs. Williams would've let them walk home because Jade didn't live far but they were young & it was very dark. They arrive to the trailer they were living in & Jade opened her door.

"I'll take her in mommy!" Jackson yelled while grabbing Jade's hand & running towards the trailer. They walk in & see Jade's mother, Cynthia, on the floor. She seemed to be unconscious & Percy standing over her with a beer bottle in his hand. They gasped at the sight. Percy heard them & turned around.

"Hi kids. Hey Jade. I can take it from here lil man." He says pushing Jackson out the door. Jade's eyes pleaded for Jackson but he had already gone.

"Now why were you late." Percy asked her.

"You were supposed to pick me up." Percy slapped Jade's left cheek hard. This was the very first time he had ever hit her.

"That's not what I asked you bitch!" Jades mother began to stir as Jade started to cry. Percy kicks her in her stomach causing a wave of pain to fill her. Blood began to run between her legs.

"Baby Rae!" Jade screams as she rushes to her crying mother. She speaks gently to her to calm her down.

****
"So the baby died?" Jackson asks. After the event she asked him to come over to see her. They were basically toddlers but Jackson's devotion was always there.

"Yea. It was gonna be a little girl." Jade starts to cry.

"Don't cry Jade. It's gonna be okay." He says rocking her back & forth. "I promise I will protect you. From now on.. Don't worry." From then on they had made a pact to always be there for each other.