Chapter 79: Bye, Okinawa

Third Person POV

After a night of performances, it's finally time for relaxation. They were all around a campfire, just eating some toasted marshmallows and drinking hot chocolate.

Tsukishima put a blanket on Mizuki's shoulder before sitting down beside her. She held his hand and leaned on his shoulder as a sign of gratitude.

"Fireworks are ready!", Kenta said before sitting beside Shirabu.

They were now ending their beach vacation together. They all felt grateful that they got together for a few days.

After this... they will part ways, and meet again as opponents inside the court.

Mizuki drank her hot chocolate that was given by Kenta. She then sighed loudly and looked up at the stars.

"That's a pretty loud sigh, Mizuki-chan.", Hinata noticed.

Everyone looked at her, smiling softly at the stars.

"I'm just grateful for this vacation. I'm happy that you all took some time off your busy plate to come together and spend some time with everyone else. There won't be a time like this again any time soon. We'll all move on our own paths, walking parallel with each other. The graduates will embark on a new chapter of their lives, the third years are gonna lead all of our teams, and us, second years, are gonna be a senior now to our new first years. Time flies so fast. I feel like I've peaked in life.", she chuckled.

"You're not even 17 yet.", Kuroo said, chucking.

"I don't know, life is just a crazy rollercoaster ride, I guess.", Mizuki shrugged before finishing her hot chocolate.

"Change is scary. But it's part of growing up. You'll be okay, trust your senior.", Sugawara said. "And I think I speak for every graduates here, we all think you'll achieve greater heights in this crazy rollercoaster of life."

Kuroo looked at Kenma, Bokuto put his arm on Akaashi's shoulder, Daichi pat Ennoshita's back, Ushijima glanced at Shirabu, Kiyoko smiled at Yachi, Alisa hugged Lev, Taketora pat Akane's head, and Oikawa ruffled Kunimi's and Kindaichi's hair.

"Agree! It's like passing a legacy.", Bokuto said. "Did I use the word 'legacy' right?", he whispered to Akaashi.

"Yes, Bokuto-san.", Akaashi nodded.

"Well then, we will see you inside the court. As a new generation of captains.", Ennoshita said confidently at the new captains.

We taught him so well! Daichi and Sugawara thought, feeling proud.

Akaashi smiled, Shirabu smirked, and Kenma had no reaction.

Oikawa, Ushijima, Iwaizumi, and Bokuto kept quiet, knowing that they have bigger plans than settling down and giving up Volleyball. No, they won't stop, even if a dead end comes. They plan to work hard and overcome their limit.

"I'll miss this for sure, but I can't wait to see where we all go next.", Mizuki giggled.

The others agreed and started talking about their plans for training and college.

"How about you, babe? What do you wanna do when we go back to training?", she asked quietly.

"I wanna learn from the match we had against Kamomedai.", he answered. "I wanna practice their techniques, and broaden my reading abilities. Kamomedai's defenses were really good."

"Crazy pigeons.", Mizuki commented.

"They're seagulls, stupid.", Tsukishima corrected.

"Same thing, they both quack.", Mizuki shrugged.