"Great," I rested my forearm over the cool quartz desk. "Is Mitch busy?"

"Yes," Paula replied. "He's currently in a meeting but it should be concluding, it's been well over ninety minutes."

My eyebrows raised, my knowledge of the corporate world was very limited but I imagined that ninety-minute meetings were strenuous.

"Do you want me to inform him that you're here?"

"No, that's alright. Let him conclude his meeting, I'll wait out here."

Paula grinned. "Can I get you anything?"

I shook my head. "I'm good thank you."

"I must say, you look adorable in those scrubs," wrinkles formed at the corner of Paula's eyes as she affectionately smiled.

"Thank you," I softly chortled. "I normally change out of them after a shift but I forgot to carry a change of clothes this morning."

"It suits you," Paula smiled.

Paula and I spoke for a few minutes before we were interrupted by sounds of laughter that came from the direction of Mitchell's office. "Ah, it seems Mr. Clarke's meeting is finally over," Paula mused.

A huge smile grew over my lips as Mitchell's voice drew closer and I was ready to tackle him with a hug as soon as I entered his office. I took steps toward the office but abruptly stopped when Mitchell and a woman headed toward the exit.

Mitchell, dressed smartly in a navy suit appeared to have a hand on the lower back of the attractive woman. The woman was average in height, dressed in a well-fitted black dress that showed off her slender figure. To match she wore six-inch high heels that showed off her stocking-covered calves. My eyes moved upward to her sharp features that were highlighted by red lipstick and mascara that brought out her hazel eyes. Her long, straight blonde hair was halfway pinned while the rest flowed down to midback.

Who is she? And why does Mitchell seem so friendly with her?

Mitchell grinned at the woman and I noticed a deep dimple on one of her cheeks as she laughed at something he said. The woman brushed her hand over Mitchell's arm and said something before she leaned in for a hug.

Do all meetings end in hugs? I should ask Dad.

"It's always good to see you, Mitch," The woman said as she drew closer.

I hated how bitter and jealous I felt, I quickly averted my attention and pretended as if I didn't see them. The last thing I wanted was for Mitchell to think I was insecure, or worse I didn't trust him because I did, I just couldn't help the envy I felt.

I glanced down at my trainers and remembered I was dressed in scrubs with no makeup and my hair was in a high ponytail. I looked the furthest from as attractive and sophisticated as the woman Mitchell had a meeting with.

I should've washed my hair this morning.

I was tempted to whisper and ask Paula who the woman was but feared I would've been heard. I kept my head low and pretended to be busy on my phone when my name was called.

"Mila?"

I glanced up and was greeted by Mitchell's blue-gray gaze. He took quick steps towards me and I planted on a small smile.

The woman scrutinized me for a moment before she followed Mitchell. "Hi, Beautiful," Mitchell's hand found my waist and he kissed the side of my head. "This is a pleasant surprise, what are you doing here?"

"I was in the area so thought I'd pick you up."

Mitchell opened his mouth to respond but the attractive woman's voice blocked out his. "So this is the lovely Mila," she spoke in what sounded like a British accent.