Chapter 70: Clandestine

Comenzar desde el principio

Klein answered vaguely, "Our aircraft can fly higher and faster than theirs. I requested this meeting not only to inform you, but to recommend preparations. The ambassador right now should already be discussing a general exchange of information and military exercises, but the recommendations I propose are more... clandestine."

"Clandestine, you say? What sort of operations do you have in mind?"

"You've heard of the Leiforian Resistance's efforts against the Gra Valkans?"

Deville looked up, scanning his mind. "Oh, yes, they're the ones who destroyed a Gra Valkan military convoy and took over one of their bases! I wonder how they were able to wreak such havoc when their entire military couldn't do a thing during the war."

"That would be because of us. We gave some advice to the Leiforians, taught them the weak points of Gra Valkan vehicles and how to counter them," he downplayed the level of American involvement. "However, there is only so much we can do, especially when we're so far away. Right now, the Leiforians have the spirit, manpower, and knowledge to fight the Gra Valkans. The only thing missing is supplies. Would it be possible for your men to smuggle explosives and medical goods to the Leiforians?"

"Hmm..."

Klein gave a slight nudge, "The convoy that the Leiforian Resistance destroyed was headed for the Sonal border. Must've delayed Gra Valkan plans by at least a month."

Deville understood Klein's hint. If he wanted to give Mu more time to prepare, it would be in his best interest to delay the Gra Valkans and disrupt their schedules as much as possible. To do this, he would have to support the Leiforian Resistance. "We have a dedicated spy network that receives supplies and orders from couriers. I believe it should be possible."

Klein then produced a map of Leifor, marked with red dots and accompanied by a corresponding legend. "Each red dot represents a Gra Valkan base. The larger ones are likely impossible for the Leiforians to take, but the smaller ones likely contain weapons and ammunition that the Resistance can use. Does your spy network extend to any of these regions?"

Deville leaned in closer to inspect the sites. He moved his finger around the map as he spoke, "Yes, a few. My men could relay troop movements and other information to the Leiforians."

"The Leiforians are going to be very happy to hear that. That brings me to my next point. Speaking of information, I'd like to impart some gifts onto your operatives."

"And what gifts would these be?" Deville asked curiously.

Klein smiled, "Ever heard of asymmetrical warfare?"

——

Down the hallway in a large conference room, a different meeting was underway. Hoping to prepare the Muans and Mirishials for war against the Gra Valkans, the American ambassador invited officials from both countries to a joint meeting where they could discuss the western threat. Military correspondents from all nations were present, with the Americans distributing material on German and Japanese weaponry during the Second World War.

An American major paced around in front of a screen, dictating the contents of the PowerPoint presentation behind him. "Analysis of Gra Valkan technology revealed that their designs are nearly identical to those present throughout our history, particularly from World War Two. The standard Gra Valkan fighter is similar to the Japanese Zero, the standard Gra Valkan medium tank is similar to Nazi Germany's Panzer Four, and the standard Gra Valkan heavy tank is similar to the Panzer Six, or the Tiger. We currently have little information on their standard light tank, but we theorize it to be similar to the German Panzer Two, although it may have characteristics from Imperial Japan's Ha-Go light tank. The schematics and documents provided to you show the specifications of each vehicle, along with their weaknesses."