Chapter Eighteen: I May Not Have The Softest Touch...

Start from the beginning

He caught the smile and he smiled back to her. From the look in his eyes she could tell that he was only watching her with his eyes shining with love. She pressed her thumb against his hand gently caressing it.

‘You and he have moved in together?’ her mother looked at her.

‘Mum, he has a name’ She replied, ‘His name is Lucas’

‘Sorry so you and Lucas have moved in together’

‘Yes Mum, he was the person I was telling you about that I wanted you to meet’ Hayley smiled, ‘he means the world to me’

‘And she means the world to me too’ Lucas smiled.

Her mother looked at the two of them. She saw something between them that she had not seen in her daughter before. Even with her ex boyfriend she never saw that look. It was a look when you find a missing piece. ‘As long as the two of you are happy’

‘I don’t know how you can be so calm’ her father quipped.

‘George’ Hayley’s mother spoke.

‘He has obviously been knocking MY little girl about. Is she foolish enough to see that it is not good for her to be with him?’

‘Still think I am a little girl dad. I know in your eyes I will always be your little girl but I am not I am a grown woman who can make decisions and I have made mine. You can accept me with Lucas or you can turn around and go back to your home and I will not speak with you again’

Her father looked to her shock was plain for all to see, ‘I see I am not going to get through to you tonight. We shall book ourselves into a hotel and we shall return in the morning’

Hayley nodded.

LNLNLN

When they left Hayley let out a sigh and looked to Lucas.

‘I am sorry’ she breathed.

Lucas looked to her and pulled her towards him, ‘You have nothing to be sorry for angel’

‘I do Lucas; my father should not have treated you like that’

‘But he was right though it is my fault you are like this’

‘Lucas, stop it. It is not your fault. I will not have you blame for it and anyway I am healing and I wouldn’t be doing that as quick if you weren’t here with me’ she kissed him. She did not want him to blame himself for what had happened. It was not his fault and if she had to remind him every day she would.

Lucas kissed her back. He wanted to make sure that she did love him. He looked into her eyes and saw nothing but love shining through. She really believed that it was not his fault and he loved her for it. ‘I love you gorgeous’

‘And I love you’ She smiled sliding onto his lap and putting her hands on his chest. She felt his heart beating so fast. ‘Close your eyes Lucas’

He did so. She dipped his head and kissed his nose and then planting delicate butterfly kisses on his cheeks and his forehead. She then moved down to his lips. Which he hungrily returned, wrapping his eyes instinctively around her waist. He breathed in and out. He opened his eyes and saw her eyes. So full of hope, love and devotion, Lucas could not believe he was so lucky.

LNLNLN

Hayley wrapped an arm around Lucas as she slept, he shifted his weight slightly, and her eyes fluttered open. He was watching her. ‘Penny for your thoughts?’ she smiled.

‘Was just watching my beautiful girl sleep. You are rather adorable you know. You make some fascinating noises in your sleep’

‘I must have been dreaming. I don’t remember though’ she said, ‘Do you have to go to work today?’