Duan Chongxuan understood that they were all going to a lot of trouble for him. His heart was moved, but without saying anything, he picked up his sword.

***************************

Qing Lu Sword Sect, Wutong Court.

"Duan Chongxuan can easily pull out twenty combustion talismans; it must be like a single hair off nine oxen for his family. Thinking back on that last round, Lian Jian Zong's Xu Guang also realized this point, so he stepped down and admitted defeat."

Song Tang sat on the stone bench under a tree. Zhong Shan and Cheng Tianyu stood at his side.

Song Tang looked at his xiao shidi's still-tender faces and sighed in his heart.

Many people felt that a person's young age was not an issue, but it actually was the biggest issue.

He understood better than anyone else that at his xiao shidi's current age, his body's roots haven't fully developed. If he were to get seriously hurt, it could easily damage his foundation.

His dao intent was unsteady. If he encountered a powerful enemy, he would be easily provoked and fall into disarray.

Cheng Tianyu understood his shixiong's meaning, so he was silent.

He thought, since entering the sect, this would be the first time he disobeyed his shixiong.

The youth's eyes were red, but his tone was steady,

"No, I want to fight properly."

On the side, Zhong Shan clapped his shoulder.

Song Tang stared blankly for a bit; then he laughed,

"Okay, then in that case, properly fight!"

Just now he was thinking too one-sidedly; since this was his xiao shidi's own choice, he would respect the other's decision.

After all, his shidi would have to walk his future path of cultivation alone.

Song Tang picked up his sword, "Luo Mingchuan and Yin Biyue graduated from the Academy and have studied three thousand ancient books thoroughly; they are familiar with the forte of the hundred families. You still haven't grasped the true essence of your Feathered Mantle Sword Arts yet. We still have three days; let's spar together."

****************

Duan Chongxuan's battle was the first of the three of them.

On the day of, they went with the rest of the Cang Ya disciples to the foot of Zhong Ming Mountain.

However, Ye City's young ladies and Lian Jian Zong's female cultivators arrived even earlier than the two parties that would go onstage.

The third round of the Flower Picking Festival had only forty battles remaining.

Not only were there no time limits nor rules for stalemates, but to make it easier to watch the battles, only two stages would open each day.

At present, the sky was bright. Each sect's disciples filed in one after another.

However, the morning fog had not yet dissipated, the bell had not yet sounded, and the time to start the matches had not yet come.

Yin Biyue noticed that Duan Chongxuan's complexion wasn't very good.

And so he softly asked, "Can you still not defeat him?"

Duan Chongxuan thought, these past few days his two shixiong had spent so much time thinking about his own battle. How could he admit he couldn't win, letting his shixiong's energy go to waste?