Bao Pu Zong's sage would not take direct action; because a stage above sage would have already reached the saint's realm and thus constrained by the natural law and must consider karma when doing things.

Only the Sword Saint's actions were reckless and thoughtless, hence the reputation of disrespecting the natural law began to circulate secretly.

This type of person: the number of people who fervently worshiped him and revered him, an equal number hated that he didn't just go die.

The first misgiving had already been settled. Yin Biyue still had two matters he couldn't understand, "Why does it have to be Zheng Wei?"

If the outcome of the reconnaissance was the Sword Saint's appearance, then the first to die would definitely be Zheng Wei. This person was so loyal to his sect that it reached the point of sacrificing his own life?

Regarding each sect's circumstances, Luo Mingchuan being Cang Ya's head disciple obviously knew more, "If considering cultivation and martial prowess, it naturally would be the first of the seven sons, Lin Yuangui. But Zheng Wei is the best choice."

"He had already reached Soul Condensing stage when he was fourteen and invited Lin Yuangui for a fight. His defeat filled him with enough pent-up frustration he then killed three hundred mountain bandits.

Duan Chongxuan laughed coldly when hearing this, "The area surrounding HengDuan Mountain doesn't have that many bandits; this is all Bao Pu Zong's words. In my opinion, it's most likely normal people."

Yin biyue felt a chill swell in his heart. He reached Soul Condensing stage at fourteen and dared to hold a sword to kill people.

Luo Mingchuan continued, "he broke through cultivation stages very quickly. Yet rather than describing him as a genius, it's more suitable to say he's a monster. Because every time he faced any hindrances during cultivation, he would grab his sword to kill people."

"After killing too many people, he doesn't revere life anymore, and that includes his own life. He came this time, admittedly, on behalf of He Lai's frustration; but more so of his own intention."

Luo Mingchuan switched another perspective to analyze, "Bao Pu Zong isn't in complete control over Zheng Wei—this sharpened sword. Compared to Lin Yuangui who felt a sense of responsibility to the sect, he is more suited to be pushed out and sacrificed at any time."

Duan Chongxuan originally didn't think to such a degree, but when he heard what they just said he suddenly understood everything all at once.

"I was under the impression that it's because Lin Yuangui couldn't casually leave the mountain. After all, a portion Bao Pu Zong's protective array should've been handed to him."

Yin Biyue also believed that this reason was part of it as well. Because of Cang Ya's protective array, half of it is in the hands of eldest shixiong. He used to believe that the things he were least fond of without contention were unscrupulous people like He Lai. But now he discovered that he was wrong; when compared to Zheng Wei, He Lai seemed more like a normal person.

Thus, there was only one last question left, "Ye City Lord, why would he help us?"

Because he was friends with the Sword Saint?

The view from the peak was lonely, even the worldly people will agree. It's possible that even the Sword Saint's closest friend, the Academy Director, would be of one mind with him.

Sword Saint... does he really have friends?

Duan Chongxuan, from his sleeve, pulled out a small book and flipped a few pages with the ease of familiarity,