Chapter 65.5 - Tanabata festival end

After the photo shoot, the two of them got changed, leaving the wedding store behind them. At this time the surroundings have already taken on the colour of dusk.

With that being said, he couldn't just leave Kurumi with just that. The special date that Kurumi had requested was still not completely over.

That's right, Syouji is currently walking on the dark road of the shopping district alongside Kurumi in order to fulfill her wish of writing on tanzaku.

Shidou silently glanced at Kurumi who was walking beside him. Kurumi was delicately hugging the photo that was given to them from the wedding store that looked like a real wedding photo, expensive interleaving paper was used— And to Syouji's delight, it was all for free.

At the same time, she was happily humming a tune. After that, she would occasionally open the paper, sneaking a peek at the wedding photo of the two and showing a delighted smile.

The current Kurumi made Syouji even more confused. No matter how much he tried he couldn't read her but there were also times when he thought he understood only for Kurumi to do something unexpected. However, right now, Syouji understood that she indeed wanted to have a date with him today.

"Ah, Syouji-san please look over there."

As though stopping Syouji from thinking too much, Kurumi spoke to him.

"Hm...?"

Hearing that, Syouji raised his head. He saw many thick bamboo stalks placed alongside the stores of the shopping district, the leaves extending towards the night sky.

There were already countless tanzaku hung on the branches, creating a colorful sight.

"How in the world did they get their tanzaku up there? Did they fly?"

"Hm... Well at the very least it's a beautiful sight."

"Indeed... Over there, look— they seem to be giving out tanzaku there. Didn't you come over for that reason?"

"Yeah, I'll just help myself then—Isn't Syouji-san going to write one too?"

"Eh? No, I'm just..."

"It's a rare chance after all, will you write it with me?"

Saying that, Kurumi gently smiled taking Syouji's hand in hers. Just like that, he was pulled by Kurumi walking next to the bamboo. The dense number of bamboo leaves were just like a curtain.

Long tables were placed below the bamboo to allow people to write their tanzaku more easily. Syouji and Kurumi both took tanzaku from the staff members, after taking out pens from a makeshift pen holder from a plastic bottle with its top cut off, they started to think of what to write.

"A wish...."

He had countless wishes, but when he wanted to write them down, he found it difficult to decide. As such, Syouji naturally thought what did the others write and looked up.

"Hm...?"

Amongst the few tanzaku that he saw, a familiar name was seen.

[I want to eat pork cutlet curry for dinner tonight. Yatogami Tohka.]

"Heh... So as I thought they're here huh?"

That's right. From that distinct handwriting, it was definitely written by Yatogami Tohka herself. Following that, looking beside the tanzaku, he saw others.

[I wish that I can speak to people while looking them in the eye. Yoshino.]

[I wish for Yoshino to be happy. Yoshinon.]