Chapter 8 - The girl named Tohka part 1

Syouji pushed Shidou out of the way as a black ball of light fell to the place where they were standing.

A giant hole opened in the floor that seemed to pierce all the way through to the second or first floor.

"All right Kotori, I'll be taking over for now." Syouji whispered and without waiting for a response, he nervously stood up and shouted.

"Wait! Before you obliterate me. I'm Itsuka Syouji and this is my brother Shidou. We do not have hostile intentions!!"

<Oi>

"Shut up. you're the one who got us in this mess in the first place." Syouji muttered with a huff.

"Stay like that. Currently, you are in my attack range." The girl said, raising her sword.

"Ah."

"O-Oh"

The twins nodded at the same time signaling that they understood, staying completely still with arms in the air and with slow steps the girl approached.

"Huh?" Then, lightly bending her waist, she stared at their faces for a while and with a "Nu?" Raised her eyebrows.

"Hey, haven't we met once before." The girl said with intrigue.

"Ah...? Ahhh, this month. I believe, on the tenth in the town." Shidou explained.

"Ohhh"

Then, as if remembering, the girl lightly hit her hands together, then returned to her posture.

"I remember now. You're the one that said some kind of weird thing."

Seeing that a certain amount of harshness was gone from the girl's eyes, for a moment Syouji felt his nervousness diminish.

Howeverー

The girl grabbed Shidou and forced him to look upwards as she looked into his eyes. Letting her gaze loose upon him as Syouji stiffened up when she set her gaze on him, looking at him from head to toe.

"W-What was that weird thing?" Syouji asked.

"....If I recall you said that you had no intentions to kill me? Hmph, I've seen through that. Tell me, what are you after? Are you planning to attack me from behind after loosening my guard?" The girl said.

"We do not wish to do such a thing. That is shameful." Syouji murmurred.

"T-That's right. Humans are... not all people who want to kill you." Shidou followed.

It seems due to being exposed to such an environment, the girl could not believe those words. Syouji gritted his teeth as the girls eyes grew round as she removed her hands.

Then, for a short while with a questioning gaze she looked at Syouji and Shidou, opening her mouth a tiny bit, letting out a low voice.

"...is that so?" The girl asked.

"That is so." Shidou replied.

"Very much so." Syoujii followed.

"The people that I've met, they all told me that I must die." She said narrowing her eyes.

"There's no way... that's so..." Shidou spoke, his voice trailing off.

"Cruel..." Syouji said completing his sentence.

"..."

Without saying anything, the girl moved her hand backwards. She half-closed her eyes and pursed her lips-making a face which said that she could still not trust the things they were saying.