Chapter 4 - Confusing school life

"About that." Kotori placed her hand on her chin, "Make the Spiritー fall in love." she proudly said that with a smirk.

......After a bit of time, "...What?" Shidou spoke, "...Sorry, I don't really understand."

"I don't blame you... I'm confused too." Saying so, Syouji tilted his head. "what do you mean by that?"

"Like I said, make friends with her, talk to her, flirt with her, date her, and make her fall madly in love." Hearing Kotori say this as if it was a given, Shidou buried his head in his hands.

"...Uhm, and why would that solve the problem of the spacequakes?" Syouji questioned.

Kotori placed a single finger on her chin and with an "mmmm" made a thinking gesture.

"If we want a solution to the spacequakes without using force, then we have to persuade the Spirit right?"

"That seems right." Shidou said as a response to Kotoris words

"Yup that makes sense. But, do you seriously believe he can do it? He can barely talk to a human girl as is." Syouji asked, but was promptly ignored as Kotori smirked a little bit as if getting a sadistic idea.

"wouldn't it be quickest to make the Spirit come to like this world? Oh, this world is so wonderful~, if they become like that, then even a Spirit wouldn't randomly go on a rampage."

Kotori said this, as Shidou nodded with an "I see."

"Thus, well, isn't it often said? That if you fall in love then the entire world seems beautiful. ーAnd so, date her, and make the Spirit fall for you!"

"No, there's something wrong with that logic." Shidou pointed out.

"Nope. After everything that just happened, that seems logical." Syouji retorted.

It was obvious that the logic went out of the window. However, coming to terms after everything that's happened is still a bit hard.

"I-I can't go through with such a thing..." Shidou spoke up with a strained smile.

"Be quiet you fried chicken." Kotori insulted.

"Fried... Chicken?" Shidou tried to voice a complaint, but Kotori covered it with a strong voice that didn't allow him a choice.

"I won't allow the AST to kill the Spirits~, there's gotta be another way~, but I don't like <Ratatoskr>'s way~...? If you're going to be naive then at least do it in moderation you Bombardier Beetle. What can you do by yourself? Know your own limits."

"Ugghh..."

"Once again Shidou, I hate to tell you this... but she has a point. Although, the wording is a bit rough, I think we should go." Syouji said that with a nonchalant expression.

"ーRight. I don't need the approval of the bottom of your stomach. But, if you don't want to kill the Spirits... then you don't have room for choosing the method."

For some reason, an evil smile floated onto Kotori's face. In reality, it was as she said. Without any power or support, even if Shidou wanted to talk with that Spirit girl one more time, it wouldn't come true.

AST's method is out of the question. even Kotori's group probably wants to ensnare the Spirits for their personal gains, since that was the only reason he could think of. However, it was a fact that there were no other ways.

"...I understand." Shidou bitterly nodded, and Kotori's smile filled her face.

"alright then. Looking at the data up to now, the next time a Spirit will show up is at least one week later. We'll immediately start training tomorrow."