Chapter 17 - A discussion

"...So? What is this all about?"

Shidou, having changed into his casual clothes, set his sights towards Reine and Kotori, who were sitting on the other side of the table, while Syouji couldn't help but look around Kotori's room.

The room was filled by pink dressers, a bed, and there was a crowd of fancy accessories and dolls that were placed everywhere.

Shidou originally wanted to continue the conversation in the living room, but due to some sensitive topics that should not reach Tohka's ears, they relocated here.

Incidentally, Tohka was under a trance, watching rebroadcasted anime in the living room. Due to this Tohka should be quiet for the next 20 minutes.

"Well- it's about this." Kotori poked her soft cheek with her finger, pushing it upward.

"From today onwards, Tohka will be temporarily staying here in our house!" Then, puffing her chest out with pride, she made an innocent smile.

"That is why I'm asking how it turned out to be like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!" Shidou screamed as Syouji covered his ears due to the volume of his voice.

"......Now, please calm down, Shintarou."

Then, As Shidou was shouting, Reine spoke up and somehow, she had still mistaken his name.

"Hmm... do you still think our names are Shintarou and Shunjou?" Syouji asked, prompting Shidou to aggressively point at Reine.

"It isn't Shintarou, but Shidou." He said as Reine nodded in response.

"......Ah, you're right. I take it back. Sorry about that, Shin."

She said, which seemed to irritate Shidou, but quickly calmed down as Reine continued.

"......The reasons can be more or less classified into two parts." she started speaking with a seemingly calm voice.

"......The first part is about who will continue to take care of her afterwards."

"Take care of her afterwards... what do you mean?" Shidou questioned as Syouji motioned for Reine to continue.

"......Shin. Last month, you kissed Tohka and sealed away her powers, right?" She said as Syouji nudged Shidou teasingly as he lowered his head, with a dejected expression.

"...Ugh, Y-Yeah..." then, after a pause, Shidou cupped his face and began to blush.

"Ah, Onii-chan's face is getting red, how cute~" Kotori said, with a smile.

"Right~? My twin brother is growing up~ it suits you. It goes well with your aging face." Syouji said while poking Shidou's cheek.

"S-Shut up! And like I said, we have almost the same face!"

"Oh, but how come you have wrinkles under your eyes and I don't? And besides that—"

"—Just shut up Syoujiiii!!"

Shidou yelled, pushing his hand on Syouji's face, to gain a bit of distance as he tried to do the same.

At this point, they seemed like cats fighting for dominance.

Kotori, who seemed to enjoy that, smiled cheerfully, until Reine cleared her throat, getting the attention of the Itsuka siblings.

"...that fine, but there's a problem.. There is currently something like an invisible connection running between the twins and Tohka." Reine said, in a tired voice.

"Connection? What does that mean?" Shidou asked.

"Like... love? Friendship, maybe? Don't tell me it's something like family?" Syouji added as Reine shook her head.