Chapter 24 - Rabbit girl

Shidou was standing alone in the livingroom, confused as to what to do now that Syouji left the house with Tohka.

He was worried about her, but shook his head and pinched his cheeks.

"It's fine, Syouji's got this... plus, it's a day off from school... so i guess I should go grocery shopping too, since they're probably going to get distracted and forget a couple of things."

Shidou said, shaking off the uncomfortable feeling, trying to convince himself that it would be fine to leave Tohka with Syouji.

That's why, he hurriedly left the house taking the last umbrella with him.

"Umbrella... well, i'll hang onto it since, Kotori's still sleeping."

Shidou said opening the umbrella and walking away from the house.

He walked and walked, trying to distract himself from Tohka whom he was still worried about and before he knew it, he had walked a long distance.

Then, from the corner of his vision, he saw a green blur moving.

"Hmm?"

Shidou stopped walking and took a few steps back, looking at the scene in front of him.

There was a person wearing a hood with green rabbit-like ears. Upon this, Shidou raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Yo-Yoshinon...?" He spoke, confused at the name coming out of his mouth.

Due to the area being destroyed by yesterday's spacequake, from over the other side of the prohibit entry sign that was placed up, the spirit [Yoshinon]'s figure was there as Shidou hid behind a wall observing her.

"The alarm didn't ring... isn't this the same pattern with Tohka at that time?"

Thinking of that, when they encountered her the first time, the alarm wasn't ringing.

Maybe because she was a spirit that frequently comes and goes to this dimension from the other world.

"But what is the best thing to do now...?"

Now that he found her, there was no way Shidou can ignore her.

He pulled out his phone, glancing at it and back at the person scrambling in the debris of the building.

Then, after taking deep breath, Shidou pushed a button on the phone as the ring tone went on for quite a while, afterwards a beep was heard as a sleepy voice came from the cellphone speaker.

"Fua~... Hello? Onii chan...?" It was probably just the sound of her waking up as she yawned over the phone.

"Hey Kotori, good morning."

"Yeah, Good morning... what's up...?"

"It's an emergency, I found Yoshinon..."

Shidou said in a low voice as to not alert the person in question and the moment he said that, he was met with a few seconds of silence, until finallyー

*Smack* *Smack*

the sound of cheeks being slapped were heard. After that, a dignified voice echoed different from the usual Kotori I know.

"ーTell me about the whole situation in detail."

"Y-Yeah"

While being a bit overpowered by the sudden change, Shidou began to explain the situation in a simple manner.

"I see... another quiet appearance huh? This is troubling, so Shidou's existence hasn't been noticed by the spirit yet right?"

"Yeah, I think so. What should I do?"