Starting the car, not even five or so minutes pass until my phone rings. Looking down to see it's Alex calling, I'm quick to pull over. 'Hey Alex.' I give him my undevided attention.

'You coming over this week or you're good?' He asks as I hear piano music playing through his phone, he must've been studying.

'Yeah i'm heading over right now.' I speak slowly so I can change the address on my GPS. I was planning on going home instead but I don't mind. Once I've changed it I put the phone on speaker then placing it in the cup holder so I can drive over.

'Good because I cleaned up a little for you.' He laughs. The music stops playing, 'text me when you arrive.'

I spend all my time here. At Alex's house. Whenever I go out to practice, I come over to his place afterwards. It's become routine at this point. He knows what days and at what time I'm out playing then he waits for me to show up. We never plan it nor have we talked about it either. It's customary and I love that so much.

Knocking on his front door, I rock on my heels as I try to make a guess on who might open the door. Glad to see it's him he moves out of the way so I can come in. Closing and locking the door behind him he wordlessly directs me through the hallways until we reach his bedroom.

Watching as he walks to the edge of his bed before sitting down on his guitar. It's obvious that he doesn't expect me to follow him since this part of the routine requires me to leave again so I drop my bag on the floor beside his wall. Exiting his room I turn down the hallway before entering his bathroom.

It smells different in here. It always smell different in every room of this house. Sometimes I aimlessly walk around their home and count how many fragrances they are in total. Somehow they never mix either. You'll walk into a different room and it'll be as if you walks into a different house. It never changes either, each room has its own. The bathroom is always lavender, kitchen is rosemary, living room is frankincense, etc. It's why I'm shocked that it's different today, it's an entirely new scent.

Picking up the essential oil bottle that's sat next to the diffuser I poke the inside of my cheek. Lemon? Noticing a laminated piece of paper next to it, it has all the benefits next to it. That's new. It wasn't there last time. I wonder how much it costs for Alexs' moms to keep this charade up. I love their dedication.

Turning on the water I begin to undress before hopping into the shower.

Alex grew up with two moms in his life. They aren't his biological parents and he's known that since he was a kid since they let him know. Not that he cares anyways. Because of his mothers and taciturn personality as a kid, he claims he was just inherently more comfortable around girls. His friendships swayed more to the female spectrum so now he has a better understanding of us than most guys do. It's why most of his friends now are woman. That's just how it is for him.

Thanks to the lovely emotion called jealousy a lot of guys misinterpret him as gay because of it. He's not. It's just how he grew up so it's where his comfort is. Male envy caused an unspoken wall to grow but Alex couldn't care less, he likes to say 'if they hold it above my head then they're not really a nice guy. Why waste your time with malicious people?' It's what his go to response is when you ask about it.

His upbeat attitude is what earned him the rightful spot on most girls hit list. It's lethal how many girls like that boy and he's so oblivious to it. A girl could confess to his face and he'd hit me with the: I don't think she meant it in that way. Becuase I'm close with him, those girls have put me on a hitlist too. An actual hit list.