36 | unsupernatural

Start from the beginning

"Where?"

"I don't know, are you that urgent?"

I settled myself down on the corner seat, further away at the corner of the entire library. He joined me, taking a book left in the table, in his arms. He opened it but didn't read it. I started jotting down points from the book. The Library was quiet today. It is a sunday. No one would be here. It was just us and only a few people, all scattered away to different parts of the library. It was silent and the atmosphere relaxed our stiff and tense bodies. Well, for me.

"I need answers, love," he sighed and let his face fall flat on the table. I ignored him.

"Ask away," we both heard a voice out of nowhere and I almost jumped while Klaus became startled. We both looked up, and he was sitting opposite from us and he was holding a book named, 'Unmasked.'

Oh, well.

"I am sure you are now ready to face me Niklaus," he said calmly. I glanced over at Klaus to see him looking at the book. I elbowed him and gave him a hard glare. He finally looked up.

"You never said your name," Klaus said and raised his eyebrows. "Alexander," he paused, "Call me Alex," he said, his wrinkles around his eyes narrowing as he gave a warm smile.

"Alex, would you care to explain why you suddenly have interest in me after all these years?" Klaus asked firmly, as he sat up straight. I felt his hand trying to reach mine as he entwined it. I gave him a squeeze.

"Well, do you know about the story of the three sisters?" he asked and I shook my head while Klaus just sat there clueless.

"A book? Three rings?" he asked and it finally rang a bell. "I know," I said excitedly and he smiled.

"Would you mind telling us the story, dear?" he said and I nodded. Why does he want to hear a bed time story?

"Please," I said, "Call me Caroline," he nodded in response, as he showed me his everlasting smile again.

"Well, a long time ago, there was a small town named, Handle, in this town, there was a king named, Hengor, he had three lovely daughters, these three were the most kind people in the town, they cared for everyone and helped everyone in every possible way, everywhere they went, the folks were astonished by their kindness. Many fine prince wanted to marry the daughters but the King couldn't let them as his love for the daughters was strong. One day, the King fell sick and this worried the daughters and they went out to find herbs in the forest. " I paused.

"Nobody has been to the forest before and those three were the first. In the forest, they saw many different creatures and plants. One of the daughters suggested that they should sleep somewhere for the night and they found a comfortable place, while sleeping, the eldest daughter heard something and woke up."

"She heard the sound of wind howling as it whispered something, she saw the wind circling into a small tornado and it circled on a spot repeatedly and she starting digging out the place, she called her sisters for help and they helped her too, after a few moments, they found a book, made of iron, it had three holes in the front, they tried opening the book but it wouldn't. "

"The three sisters had similar rings and it had a large stone, a stone made of different colours, red, green and blue. They placed the stone from all of their rings on the three holes and the book opened, inside, there was a spell, a spell to enable magic, a spell to enable supernatural beings to step into this world," I paused.

"They said the spell and the next thing they know, they were transformed into witches. They could do magic and they went home to help their father, using the magic," I said and ended the story. Klaus looked at me impressed, while the man had an amusing smirk stretched along his face, so that's where Klaus got his smirk from.

"I am afraid that the story is not finished dear," he said and I looked puzzled. It is a bedtime story that her mother used to tell her.

There's more?

"Well, after they cured their father, they turned evil, they wanted more power, so they went in search of the book but couldn't find it, but they found the three stones, it angered them and they unleashed their power to the town, the town was destroyed and the three witches went away, far away to different parts of the world in seperate ways, they established their own kingdom and ruled over them, soon they died of age, but the magic they had was passed on to the next generation," he said.

"This was how, magic was born, this was how, the witches were born," he said and everyone took a moment to sink in all this new information. Then finally, Klaus broke the silence.

"This still doesn't explain anything, " Klaus said and Alex shrugged.

"Yes, I know, " he paused and I could see that Klaus was losing his patience. "The book can unleash magic, it can also put an end to magic, " he said,

"You want to put an end to magic, " I said and looked astonished and baffled.

"The story is real?" Klaus asked and Alex nodded.

"What about the book? What about the three - " I asked and was cut off when he placed a large book on the table. It was made of iron, painted in dark blue, it had three holes in it, it had carvings all over the place.

"No way," I muttered, as I recalled the picture of the book, I had once seen in the story book that my mother used to read to me. It was that book.

"The three stones, however, are nowhere to be found, it is your duty to find them, " he said and Klaus looked aback.

"Why us?" he said and Alex smirked again. "I trust you, " he said.

"After all this time?" he asked and Alex nodded. "Yes, after all this time," he paused, "I have finally come to trust you,".

"Niklaus, I have seen you through all these years and I have never seen you so humane as you are now, I knew that if I had told you this five hundred years ago, I would probably be dead, but, I am not and it is all because of her," Alex said and I blushed heavily. Klaus noticed it and smiled. I blushed even more.

"Niklaus and Caroline, I trust both of you with this book, I hope both of you will search for the three stones and put an end to magic, no more unnecessary deaths, no more bloodshed, I want everyone in this world to be equal, I don't want any more trouble and I want the blood-sucking criminals to finally receive their punishment, will you help?" he asked.

★☆★☆

Author's note:

Woah! What is going on?

Question of the day: Can we trust this man?

Comment, vote and share! (:

Please comment so that I can know if you guys like this story and if I can continue it. ^_^