27. 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇

"But there's a side to you
that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true
And the games you'd play
You would always win, always win"
-Adele

゚゚·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚

I really like it here" Skylar shoved food into her mouth.

"Yeah I guess it's not so bad" I shrugged tossing food around my plate.

"You know our school and West Valley High School is partnering to offer scholarships" She looked at me hopeful. "I heard there was some big ones for soccer"

Skylar had played soccer since she was six, it was a real passion of hers, close to partying of course. I wondered if she really wanted to stay solely because of that.

"And they offer great tutoring programs too, you know, for nerds like you." She teased before I rolled my eyes playfully, hiding my curiosity.

"And why are you mentioning this? We both know we have to go back home after the summer..." My expression turned sad, knowing just how close we were to the begging of the school year.

"What if we don't?"

"Skylar-"

"No really, think about it! I heard it's only one month here, and then we go back home" She now stopped eating, really trying to sell me the idea.

"And how do you think our parents are gonna react to that? I'll be surprised if mine let me." I scoffed annoyingly.

"Well it's good for our future university applications... and it's not like we have to find a place to live! We're already here!" She begged now.

"We could try..."

She squealed and kissed my cheek before hugging me close.

Was this a good idea?

~~~

"It's the All Valley champ!" Miguel made crowd sounds when he opened the door.

"Oh shut up" I giggled while entering his apartment.

We both walked towards his room before crashing into his bed.

I had miss Miguel more then I thought, and was filled with joy when he asked me to hang out.

"Did you see sensei Lawrence at the All Valley?" Miguel quickly turned to me excitedly.

"Yeah, I think he was there for Robby actually."

"Robby Keene?"

"Apparently, Robby is Johnny's son." I sighed while Miguel's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

He shook it off.

"Did you talk to Hawk after the All Valley?" Miguel genuinely asked.

"We're not exactly on talking terms" I started playing with my fingers.

"Oh...I tried talking to him but he left in a hurry, he seemed upset."

"He was probably just mad that he lost" I scoffed.

"No actually, I don't think that's it. He seemed happy for you y/n."

"Trust me, he wasn't, we had a fight before I went on the mat." I sighed heavily, remembering what had happened.

"He unconsciously talks about you a lot you know..."

"Well he's a total jerk now." I raised my voice unexpectedly. "Sorry" I apologize instantly.