Chapter- 12

Naruto's Pov:

The silence was too much for me, I was never known to be a fan of it. I still don't know what happened to Hinata in the morning.

Right now we were on our way to my special place. This place always managed to calm me down and I hope it could do the same for her too.

It was a place I and my parents accidentally found during one of our family trips, I'm not sure if there's no one else who knows about this place, it was devoid of any human activity anytime I went there.

___________________________________________

The silence hung heavily in the car, two bodies sat unmoving, one too lost in thoughts and another too afraid to say or do anything. The journey to their destination went uneventful, only accompanied by the low music humming in the background courtesy to the radio channel turned on.

The vehicle passed by the busy roads of the city towards the deserted paths of the ancient centre of the said city which was now covered in thick greenery. It was a beautiful sight to behold.

None of the occupants paid attention to the  nature around them, lost in themselves.  What a waste, some would say.

They stopped in the middle of the overgrown area of the forest, with nothing but huge trees and ruins of thier ancestors dwellings around them.

___________________________________________

Hinata's Pov:

Scary memories from the past being resurfaced had terrified me but his company brought me back to my senses. His embrace, his warmth, the assuring words he whispered.

Naruto kun said that we are going to his special place. I don't know about why it's special to him but it's gonna to be me because it's the first time he's taking me to somewhere on his own accord, not like last night.

We got off the car in the middle of nowhere. I took our surroundings in, it had  another kind of beauty to it. The air felt fresher than before which calmed my nerves which I didn't realise were still tense.

I looked towards Naruto kun to see him already looking at me. I quickly averted my gaze, my cheeks turning warmer.

"Um...where are we?"

I spoke lowly, sneaking a peek at him. How could someone be this good looking? His blonde hair shined under the sunlight, his slightly tan skin glowing and his blue eyes, oh his eyes, they were always so full of emotions.

Our eyes met again and stayed locked for a while before we turned away.

"It's the old Konoha, the one where our ancestors lived."

I knew that but this part of the old city or village felt unfamiliar to me. Every one of the major clans owned a part of this forest covered land. I had been to the Hyuga's land a few times with father.

Maybe he sensed my confusion so he elaborated further. "It's the land of the Uzumaki clan."

That explained the clashing sound of waves. After all the Uzumaki were known for thier ships, war ships to be exact, maybe their ancestors shared the same passion.

I followed him onto a trail which stood out in the lush greenery. It went up into a slope. Some tree branches hanging low enough that we had to duck down in order to not bang our heads against them.

The trees around us started getting thinner and more grass covered field came into the view, what waited us was a cliff overviewing the vast sea at front, the city at one side and the forest at other.

I walked and stood beside Naruto kun taking in a deep breath.

___________________________________________

A/n: not very satisfied with this chapter but I had not updated in a very long time. Do you guys like this story so far?
When I saw people like this story I felt so happy, I never thought it would recive so much attention and all the comments too.