Chapter - 8

Naruto's Pov:

Even though she said that it was stuffy inside the bar I know that it was not the complete truth. I may look like someone who believes in whatever the other person says  blindly, not even thinking if they might have any hidden motives. But that's not what it is. I can read people fairly easily, I can figure it out whether their intentions are good and not. I just belive that I can help them change, I do have a way with my words, don't I?

I chuckled to myself at the thought. "Yeah..it was getting quite uncomfortable in there...but that's not the whole truth, is it?" I turned my gaze towards the midnight haired beauty beside. Under the dim light of the moon, her hair as black as the darkest time of the night shined so beautifully and her eyes looked like the moon itself, ethereal and enchanting.

I can see her squirm in her place slightly, wrapping her slender arms herself as if trying to protect herself. Now that just confirms one of my suspicions, what she said wasn't the truth. And her exiting from the bar had something to do with Shion. Although I want to know the truth, I don't wanna force her for it.

"You don't have to tell me, you have your own privacy, I understand that." In the case of her anxiousness being because of a certain childhood "friend" of mine, I wanted to clear it as soon as possible. I wouldn't want anything to come in between our possible relationship and cause a misunderstanding. She is a magnificent woman, fit to be a good wife for any gentlemen. Now I can understand why my parents want me to marry her. It's like killing two birds with a stone. They will get the alliance with the Hyuga's and a good wife and future business partner for me.

"Hinata chan..I apologise for my friend's words back in the bar. She is a childhood friend of mine and because  of her parents she always believed that we will be married one day but I've never seen her anything more than a sister." I stopped for a while, comfortable silence engulfing us both.

We sat silently on the bench, enjoying the company of each other at the late hour of the night. Looking up at the moon at the same time with a small smile on our face. I retracted my eyes once again towards her, to see the enchanting beauty beside me. 'Get a hold of yourself Naruto! You look like an love sick puppy right now, you have just met her!' I scolded myself, but that was futile. I still couldn't bring myself to look away from her.

After a while I tore my gaze away from her, sighing as I clasped my hands together. "Its a good thing we both left there...this meeting was supposed to be for both us to get to know each other, which wouldn't have happened with all those friends there."

Hinata's Pov:

I heard him speak all the while and I couldn't help myself but internally facepalm at what I had thought. I was relieved that the girl earlier meant nothing to him more than a sister.

I felt nervous by how he was looking at me. Do I look weired? Is there something on my face? I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. Or..is it my eyes? They are scary, I know that...everyone said that they look aline  like and they scare them..

<Flashback>
Still Hinata's Pov:

"Hinata don't cry my princess.." Her mother wrapped her arms around her, stroking her head lovingly. "What made you cry?" She hiccuped, burying her face in her mother's protective embrace.

"T..they..say..my eyes are scary.. Kaa san...are they really scary..?" She looked up at her mother, eyes glistening with tears. The other kids of her clan called her scary.

"No hime...they are beautiful and unique, just like the moon." The Hyuga matriarch kissed the head of her daughter, cradling her little one in her arms.

Hinata always believed her mother's words, but when her schoolmates starting calling her eyes scary and alien, she slowly started to hate them too. And with her mother no more there to help her, it just worsened.

<Flashback end>

I gulped, getting out of my thoughts when I felt Naruto kun calling my name. "Hinata chan.. are you okay? I called for you many times but you didn't listen.." I looked up at him, blinking my eyes and turned away when I realised they were watery. "Nothing..I'm fine Naruto kun, just lost in some past memories."

"You know..I just realised something about your eyes.." I looked at him again. "W-what?" I stuttered nervously, scared of what his next words will be. "Do..do you  possibly think my eyes are scary too?" I mumbled.

I didn't hear anything from him for a while. What? Did I say something wrong? Or was he just surprised cause I guessed it right?

"Hinata chan, no, that's not what I think!" I blushed at his actions, turning red. Was it just me or was the temperature suddenly rising? "Your eyes are the most beautiful ones I have ever seen, they are like the moon, beautiful. I know everyone in your family has eyes like this but yours is different. They are pale but they have a hint of lavender in them too.."

I couldn't keep myself steady hearing what he said, it was too bright and then suddenly dark.

______________________________________

A/n: And Hinata fainted! I had to do it once, and it would be the only time it would happen. I'll try to keep her as close to her original self as much as I could.

Once again, sorry for very very slow updates, I try to finish the chapter on time.

Lol stupid me publish the half complete chapter, whoever got the notif, don't worry, your wattpad didn't play a prank  on you 😂😂