Chapter - 7

(A/n: I'm sorry! I know I update really slowly, but my life isn't easy at all and it takes a lot of time for me to write one chapter, which is long enough.. I'll try my best to update more.)

______________________________________

Naruto's Pov:

I and all my friends were talking happily with each other. I was teasing  Sasuke for proposing Sakura. He had always denied his feelings for her, saying that he never thought of her more than a friend but everyone knew that it was a lie, everyone except those two. Sasuke never wanted to admit this and Sakura, she believed whatever he said.

"Oh! It's Naruto, I've heard you're marrying someone soon, is that true?" A familiar voice resonated from behind me, making me flinch and freeze. No one except me, Hinata, Neji and Sasuke knew about the thing  about my marriage. I bit my lip and looked at my friend's face, they were staring at me with wide eyes. "Oh..hey Shion, I didn't see you..haha.." I spoke nervously. Why did she have to bring it up now?! That too in front of everyone. Kami..I was going to be interrogated very soon, I can see it on Shika's face.

"Who told you..that I'm getting married?" I asked her, I had a guess that it's my parents but who knows, it could be someone else too. "Oh it was Aunt Kushina, we were talking one day and she brought it up, even though she didn't tell me who the girl is.." She said eyeing Hinata, I could she the pale eyed girl moving in her seat uncomfortably. "Yeah it's true but it's not decided yet." She shrugged and went away with her friends but not before saying something which could get me in possible trouble. "Oh well, I thought it was you and me who were supposed to  be getting married." I could see the mischief in her eyes when she said those words looking at Hinata and I knew that she knew that it was Hinata.

Don't take me wrong, I have nothing to do with her. We have known each other since childhood because her parents worked for mine. We used to play together since in my earlier years  I was home schooled and had no friends except her, Sasuke and Sakura. We were close which led to her parents often saying that one day we would get married. But I only saw her as a younger sister, nothing more. And I think my parents noticed that, which is why they denied Shion's parents when they proposed our marriage, I was really grateful and happy that day. I was very lost in my thoughts but I still managed to notice Hinata standing up and walking out. I contemplated for a while and went after her.

I followed her to a park that was only few minutes away from the bar. She sat down on a bench, she was looking troubled, why? Had Shion's words hurted her? I made my way to her and sat down beside her.
"Hey...why did you leave the bar and came here, are you okay?"

Hinata's Pov:

  "Oh well, I thought it was you and me who were supposed to get married."  Those words rang in my head all the while I sat there and even after I had walked out of the bar. 'Who was that girl? What's her relation with Naruto kun? Is she..probably his girlfriend? Am I coming in between them?' These thoughts troubled me. I admit I like Naruto kun, maybe even love him but I wouldn't want to come in between them. I'm not selfish..no..if she's his girlfriend, I'll back out from this..this arrangement.

I flinched visibly when someone sat beside me. I didn't notice anyone coming towards me. I turned to look who it was, who knows it could be someone with intention to hurt me. I was surprised to see who it was. I blushed lightly when he sat so close to me. "Hey...why did you leave the bar and came here, are you okay?" He is worried about me. That made me happy, my thoughts forgotten for a while but they came back when I tried to answer him.

"Nothing..it just felt.. stuffy in there.." I replied slowly, I knew I would stutter if I talked normally to him. I wanted to ask him who that girl was, should I? Would it be okay for me to ask him that? I took a deep breath and decided to ask him. What could go wrong anyways? I hope nothing.

______________________________________