Fighting circles

I stood to the side as Shikamaru and Chouji faced each other we were outside for another lesson of hand-to-hand combat and I don't think it was a good start to put them against each other.

Iruka-Sensei stood to the side clip board in hand ready to mark them on their skills.

I saw Naruto look around in the corner of my eye looking over at all the students probably trying to find the one he will be versing. Gosh I hope it's not me.

"Um...Sensei..." Chouji raised his hand slightly concerned.
"What is it?" Iruka looked up at Chouji.
"I don't want to fight my friend." Chouji digested and stared back at Shikamaru who tucked his hands in his pockets with a sigh.

I gave palm and mutter how this was such a waste of time.
"No, this isn't about hitting," Iruka tried to reason with him. "this is just some traditional hand-to-hand combat!" He raised his hand and said in an all knowing tone slightly irritated.
"Even the Hokage who came before, trained and got stronger by sparring..." Iruka tried to teach and reason at the same time.

I watched and sighed as Shikamaru walked out of the circle causing Iruka to draw his attention to him, "umm... Sensei, you can put me down for going out of bounds." I dead panned at this... He doesn't seem to even care!

"Please move on to the next ones up." Shikamaru said with his eyes closed probably wishing to just go to sleep.

"H-hey!" Shikamaru turns to him and went into super genius mode that nobody understands sometimes.
"You might call this training or whatever,but if there's going to be a winner it's got to be a match. since that is the case, wouldn't it save you the trouble by just deciding who wins at the start?" I look over to Ino and sigh.

"Ino?!" I watch as Iruka let's out a sigh, "Masuyo! Shikamaru is the most trouble of all!" Ino shouted getting all winded up. I patted her on the back, "It's Shikamaru what more do you expect?"

Sakura stood beside Ino and gave me a small smile, "and you Chouji you've got no guts!" I let a small giggle pass my lips as Ino scrunched up her face in frustration.

"Ino, Masuyo do you know those boys?" I nods and sigh as Sakura points at them.
"Yeah well, our parents and Masuyo...."

"Forget it..." Iruka sighs drawing my attention to him. "Shikamaru, Chouji....give the Unison sign.

Iruka looks down at them and waits, "Oh, I forgot." Shikamaru turned back and rubbed his neck, turning and walking back to Chouji he holds out to fingers and Chouji follows suit nodding they shake fingers. "Gomensai Shikamaru."

"Forget it... You were never good at stuff like this." I hold my head in shame. They will never fight each other!

"It's a drag for me to." And there it is.
Iruka nods, "good you have done the unison sign. Next, NARUTO UZUMAKI!" He looks up from his clip board with a small smile that seemed forced.

"YES!" I look over at Naruto in surprise as he fist pumps the air.

I heard the girls in the background whispering. "and Sasuke Uchiha step forward."

I grimace as the girls start to cheer.
"SASUKE-KUN!"
I scrunch up my nose as Ino and Sakura start to cheer jumping on the spot.

"IM NOT GOING TO LOSE NO WAY!" Naruto crouches and looks like he is about to do a shit.

"H-hang in there...Naru..." I turn and see the shy girl from Kuinochi classes.
"SASUKE-KIN!" Another girl jumps in front of me and pumps her fist.

All the girls push to the front and I'm left standing next to... Bug chakra guy.
"It'll be Naruto Uzumaki verses Sasuke Uchiha."

Naruto shows his fist to Sasuke or that's what it looks like over the crowd, "Come on, you Baka!"
Sasuke just stands there without a care. "Oi Naruto! Make the proper spar sign!" I sigh and hold my head. "It's part of etiquette!"

"This is giving me a head ache." I let out a grown.
"The heck with it all!" Naruto swipes his hand in front of him with a large grin on his face. "Hurry up and let me defeat this guy!" I cringe he is way to pumped for this.

"I'm going to become popular!" I sweat drop this is what it's all about?

"Hn what a waste of time. I'll make it quick just like you want. " He is so arrogant, his expression doesn't change, CANT THEY JUST FIGHT ALREADY, LIKE NEE WHERE IS ALL THE ACTION.

I start punching the air and dogging side to side. "Your bored aren't you." I nod, "I just want them to start the fight all this talking is boring!" I whined to the bug dude. "I mean why do people have to be so dramatic like if you got so many words to say a single punch is like a picture is a thousand words. There is nothing to to talk about in a fight! JUST KICK EACH OTHER'S ASS AND SHOW SOME KIND OF EMOTION YOU GUYS. YOUR STARTING TO PISS ME OF!" I scream.

"MASUYO! Show some team spirit!" I ignore Iruka-Sensei. Like how am I to show team spirit when it's obviously not a team fight.

He nods and pushes up his glasses. "I agree." I grin and go back to punching narrowing my eyes and waiting.

"...But here at the Academy we start with the basics. It matters!" I sigh and zone out. like he has said this a million times.

I wonder who I'm fighting... I scan the crowd maybe Amii I will smack her all the way to Sunday, WHAT IF ITS INO! I start to panic.

"ARE YOU LISTENING NARUTO?!" I stumble back in surprise and grab on to bug guy to steady myself he didn't seem to mind.

"THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE HAD TO EXPLAINED IT!" I click my fingers together.

"Damn I knew I heard that some where!" Iruka turns to me and sweat drops.
"Masuyo! Your not helping!" I scratch my neck and chuckle.
"Yeah yeah."

They do the spar sign and glare at each other. "Naru..." I glance to see what shy girl was going to say but the same girl jumps in front.
"Pound him, Sasuke!"

I sweat drop. "start!"

It was over so quick, Sasuke tripped him flipping him over and aimed to punch his face only to stop as Naruto stared up at him in shock.

Everyone stood in shock.
"AMAZING!"
"HE IS SO COOL!"

I click my tongue in annoyance. Shikamaru tensed...he was next to me this whole time!?
"Wow..." he choked out.

Sasuke stands up, "SASUKE WINS!" I glare at the ground, "ya we saw!"
"Shut up Masuyo!"
I turn to the random girl who shouted at me.

"Make me nee!" I poke my tongue out.

"Now both of you make the Unison sign. Alright next!" Iruka looks down at his clip board.

"Wait! So you couldn't care less about me is that it, you turd?!" Naruto sat up with his fist raised.

He changes and points at him, "No, you piece of crap! Hard and runny!" I stifle a giggle.

"Baka! Baka!" I shake my head trying to ignore them.

"...Crap-turd!" I laugh as Iruka punches Naruto in the head.
"Didn't I tell you shinobi hand-to-hand combat is a sacred tradition! Now hurry up and make the unison sign!"

"You to Sasuke!" He turns to look at him. they walk towards each other glaring, going to do it but grab at each other's shirts instead.

"You want a piece of me, you loser?!" Finally Sasuke has lost it.
Iruka ran to break them up. "hey! That's enough! Both of you!"

Ino scrolls, "Naruto is the worst!" I turn to her. But am distracted as Naruto runs away, poking out his tongue and jumping the fence.

"Alright everyone class is over." Iruka turns to probably go get Naruto.

"I didn't even get my turn!" I whine.