Raccoon- Atsumu Angst

This chapter will contain metaphors of self-harm, so if you're not comfortable with this topic, you can skip it!

Timeskip Atsumu

Atsumu's pov:

I wake up from a nightmare panting, cold sweat running down my face as I get up slowly, holding my head in between my hands processing what happened, I tied to speak which made my throat hurt, I want to drink something ...

I'm not in my bed, I guess that's the bathroom? I don't even know why am I here, then stand on the cold floor that sends shivers to my whole body, my legs were weak for some reason, I also just noticed the slight bridges on my arms but I couldn't see anything in this dark space, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, making sure not to fall and die on my way.

Once in the kitchen, I decide to light up the small lamp on the counter beside the sink, opening the fridge for some cold water, it was almost empty, just some small bottles of water waiting to be picked up, I wonder how much time they were left here... I grab one, open it, and drink half of it in one shot, I decide to eat something because I'm starving, looking at the counter again, searching with my eyes for something edible, I notice a piece of bread that seems fresher than the others...

I open a small drawer picking out a kind of sharp knife, I slice the bread slowly still feeling tired, then heard a sound coming out of the window in front of me, I stopped, looking at it but nothing came out after, I decided to ignore it thinking that it was my imagination... Then I heard it again, Opening the window I saw a small dark figure not moving, then started to come my way slowly, it had small ears and a tail...

A raccoon! The small unfamiliar creature was right on my window, I smile at it picking up a piece of bread and giving it to it, I'm totally aware of the consequences of this, that he will come back for more after being fed but I don't care anymore, at least I have someone with me now... He finishes his piece, feeling the urge to satisfy his growing hunger, I slice another, and another, and another...

Cutting the soft and fresh bread again, the raccoon becomes more excited like he's getting hungrier with every bite, or perhaps I'm projecting my emotions onto the newly-satisfied animal...

The bread eventually finishes, the raccoon looks at me with disappointment, giving him an apologetic look he leaves... I feel happy for some reason, he eases my stress and anger in a sort way, I hope I can see him more...

...

The raccoon took a liking to me, every night when I'm all alone he becomes my best friend, I've gotten used to him coming for more bread when I'm sad, I've noticed that he's getting hungrier often, so I always make sure that my bread is handy when he comes around, I love making him happy...

With a rush of blood, I slice the bread on the bathroom floor, then feed myself again...

...

A/N:

That was inspired by Yuri's poem, 'the raccoon' from the game 'Doki Doki Literature Club'

Hope you enjoyed it!

Heyy again, if there are any Iwaoikage shippers here, you can go to that story!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/297811575-no-more-tears-from-you%27re-blueberry-eyes-iwaoikage