Chapter 14

Present

Camille

For the filming of his movie, Scott traveled to Norway. It had been a week since we last saw each other. Maura returned that day as she had gone with him to spend some quality time. In the newspaper, I read about them everywhere. A picture of them kissing on the beach at sunset was all over social media. A rumor was also circulating that they would soon wed. This all made me distressed. Despite knowing that Scott would never love me still I had tiny hope in my heart that one day he would consider me something. What he was giving Maura I just wanted a small part of it. I wanted to make a little space in his heart. 

I brushed his thought away before parking the car in front of Maura’s house. On my way to the supermarket, I bought some groceries that Maura’s private chef had asked me for. Archie was busy with the new movie as he was a producer of a big production house, and Kate went to the airport to pick up Maura. With a sigh, I grabbed the grocery bag from the backseat and got out. When I inserted my keys into the door of the house, I was surprised to find it unlocked. 

“Has Maura already arrived before me?” I muttered to myself, heading inside and peering across the hallway. 

“Oh, baby...” I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a familiar masculine voice.  

“Hmm... you’re good at that...” Another groan followed. I cringed when I heard their strange voices coming from the living room. 

Seeing Archie and Kate kissing hungrily made me halt in shock. They were clinging to each other’s arms, rubbing themselves in pleasure. “I love you, baby...” Archie smiled while cupping Kat’s head. “You’ve always been in my head since the day I saw you.”

“I like you too, darling,” Kat whispered seductively as he lifted his legs to take off his jeans.

Oh my gosh, before they took it further. “Stop it, guys...!” I screamed out, feeling somewhat embarrassed to find them red-handed.  

They went pale when they saw me. The seconds passed. Neither of us spoke as they continued to stare at me with shock and shame. 

“Cam…Camille…” Kat gulped heavily, glancing at Archie, worried.

“I thought you would come an hour later. Don’t you want to meet your brother?” Archie looked a bit irritated by the sudden arrival. 

“I’m sorry if I…” 

“No, it’s okay,” Kat said quickly, stepping up to me and making me feel welcome. “We are…” He glanced at his partner with a skeptical look. 

“I knew it,” I let out, giving them another round of shock. 

“What?” both men said simultaneously with huge rounded eyes. 

I held back my smile at their surprised expression. They watched as if I had turned into a real zombie. “I was not sure, but I was suspecting something is going on between you two. And here…” I smiled. “It turns out you two are lovers.” 

“Cami…” Archie sighed sharply. “I’ve wanted to tell you about us for a long time but never dare to…” 

“Because you thought it would spoil your image in front of my eyes.” I smiled when he looked away, struggling to meet my eyes. “Come on, it changes nothing between us, Archie.”

“Call me conventional, but I don’t want the world to know my sexuality.”

“Do I also count on the world?” I asked with raised brows. 

“Of course, no, dear.” Finally, Archie broke into a smile. “You’re special.” 

“No one finds out about your sexuality but…” I paused, meeting his eyes. “Just embrace what you are, Archie, and let the world know what you truly are.”