Chapter 11

Past

Camille

After parking my bike in the school parking lot, I climbed off. Rika placed her hand on my shoulder and asked, “Are you alright?” 

“Yeah.” I forced a smile and walked towards the school entrance. 

“You look down…” she said, stepping next to me. 

As she kept staring at me curiously, I restrained myself from looking into her eyes. “I’m okay,” I told her. 

“Cam...” she grasped my hand to prevent me from walking farther, then turned me around to face her. “What’s wrong with you?” 

“Nothing.” A sharp breath escaped my lips, forcing me to look away and hold back the tears. 

In shock, she whispered, “Are you crying?” When I didn’t look at her, she cupped my face and made me look into her hazel eyes. “Oh my gosh, you are fucking crying!” She exclaimed as a small tear poured out of my right eye and onto her hand. 

I shook myself away from her, pretending to rub my eyes. “I don’t know. I think I have something in my eye,” I said. 

Putting her hands on her hips, she demanded, “When did you start hiding things from me?” 

Trying to look puzzled, I asked, “What are you talking about?”. 

“You won’t tell me, will you?” 

“What do you mean?” I asked as I turned around and continued walking. 

“Is this a tear for Scott?” she snarled, and I felt my heart clench. “Don’t tell me you’re weeping for that motherfucker?” 

“Shut up, Rika!” 

“I want my answer!”  

Nervously, I began to bite my nails. 

“Cam…” 

My vision became blurry due to more tears. “He engaged Maura,” I muttered, biting my nails so roughly that my fingers bled. “What can he do, Rika? Why does he hate me so much? Can I have him? I want him for myself, only for myself.” Rika said nothing, just watching me with hurt in her eyes. “Am I ugly?”

She shook her head. “You’re beautiful.” 

“Am I cruel?” 

“You’re generous.” 

“Am I selfish?” 

“No, you’re self-sacrificing.” 

“Then why doesn’t he look at me?” 

“Because he has eyes on one girl who is Maura.” 

“What should I do to have his eyes on me?” I asked, wiping my tears away. 

“Get rid of Maura.” A sinister smile stretched her lips as she gazed at me. “Clear her out of your way, Cam.” 

“How?” 

“I’ll tell you how.” She smirked before tying her arm around mine, and we started walking toward the class. 

********

“She’s going to wear this dress for today’s role play.” Rika grinned as she showed a white velvet gown with huge pearls on its corset. 

Frowning, I looked at her. “What’s cooking in your mind?” 

“She’ll remember this lesson forever.” 

“What are you gonna do with it, Rika?” 

“We’ll cut her gown’s straps.” She turned the gown around, pointing at the thin straps. “I’m gonna take great pleasure in seeing her young breasts while she is performing on the stage.”