Chapter - 10

Present

Camille

"Get out of here!" When Scott's voice thundered into the room, I froze. He stepped into the room, narrowing his eyes on Kat and Archie, who stood by my side. "Get the fuck out."

"What are you gonna do with her now?" Archie demanded through his clenched teeth.

Scott's eyes narrowed in slit as he stared at him. "This is none of your fucking business!" He spoke sharply with a menacing look.

"You must stop torturing her, Scott. This is not you."

"Do I ask for your suggestion, Garcia?" He snarled.

"You..."

"I said stay fuck out of here!" Scott barked and made all of us flinch.

Archie clenched his fists, glaring at Scott with the same resentment, but he said nothing and left. Kat left me too, which shook me to the core. As Scott's terrifying gaze stayed fixed on me, I gripped the blanket in my hands.

"Unfortunately, you're still alive," he sneered, and I blinked at hostility. "Is it possible for me to let you die, Camille Davidson?

"...Let me die before I bleed your heart, Scott Marti..."

"You won't..." he cut me off abruptly and stepped forward, jamming my personal space. I crouched when his hot breath gusted across my head. "There is no turning back. Whatever I give you, you'll have to endure it, Miss Davidson. You'll have to pay back each and every penny you put us through."

"I never meant to kill Samuel," I whispered slowly. "I never wanted to kill him... he was... he was..." My lips trembled, and trauma overtook me as I clutched my head between my hands. "He ra..."

"He what...?!" Scott shouted, causing me a violent jolt. "He what... Camille? Tell me, you never bullied him, you never used him, you never made fun of him, you loved him unconditionally... you didn't take advantage of him..." he breathed out. "Tell me, you were thrashing his heart out of his chest. That night was just a lie... tell me..." he growled in my face, causing me to squeeze my eyes tightly.

"Let me go," I whispered when he grabbed me roughly as if I was nothing more than a thing. "You're scaring me."

"Am I scaring you, sweetheart?" He asked quietly, coming closer. "Are you scared?"

I clutched the sheet, lowering my gaze. "If I tell you the truth, you will never trust me."

"Because you'll always tell lies." Scott let go of me as he stepped back from the bed, his eyes still fixed on me.

I kept my eyes on my hands and tried to get hold of my feelings. Sometimes, I badly wanted to tell him the truth, but I knew he would never trust my words. He would believe what he saw and what his girlfriend said.

"You'll hate your brother if you find out the truth," I murmured without looking at him. "He..." I exhaled hard. "He raped me," I muttered while biting my lip and moving my gaze up at him.

A wave of disappointment washed over me when I discovered his spot was empty. My eyes swept the room, looking for him, but he was nowhere in sight.

He had left me.

Broken!

Helpless!

And vulnerable!

*********

"Why is she not recovering, Doc?" I heard Archie ask with annoyance.

"She will need a few weeks to recover," the doctor replied as he checked my pulse rate as I was pretending to sleep. "Is she taking her medication regularly?" he asked.