I Miss You

It's been months since he was gone from my life. I'll never see his smile, hear his laughter, or feel his love ever again.

The last time I saw him was the day we got into a fight. I regret that now. I don't even remember what we were fighting about. All I remember is that we were yelling and cursing at each other.

He walked out in tears. At the time I didn't care,but I wished I did back then. Two hours later I got a call from the hospital saying that he got hit by a car. The injuries were grievous.

I drove towards the hospital, not caring that I went past the speed limit. When I arrived they told me they tried their best,but they couldn't save him. They told me to say my goodbyes.

I quietly walked inside,seeing him on the bed,his wounds bleeding. Even when covered in all the blood he still looked like an angel. I went to his side,holding his hand,pleading that he doesn't leave me. He slowly opened his eyes and gave me a soft smile. I could feel the tears running down my face.

I told him I was sorry,I promised to never hurt him ever again,I didn't want him to leave. All he said was,

"I already forgive you...." then nothing. He passed on to the afterlife. I remember sitting there in shock,my mind not processing the fact that he died. When I finally came back into reality,I screamed and cried,grabbing and holding his dead body close. I growled and snapped at the doctors who tried to take him away.

The doctors had to drug me and forcefully take his body from my arms. His funeral was a week later. His brother punched me and it took five people to get him off of me.

So here I am with a gun to my head. I couldn't live on without him,I needed him. I already wrote my suicide letter and it'll be a while before someone comes to check on me. I put my finger on the trigger.

I remembered all the good times I had with him. It made me smile. I pulled the trigger,then I felt nothing. I saw him in front of me,his beautiful smile directed at me.

"Hey..." he said, "I missed you."

"I missed you too ED. I missed you too..."