Miscarriage

They tried so hard. And yet it was all for nothing. This was supposed to be a happy moment for them. They finally managed to have a baby, yet it was taken from them all too quickly.

Sollux and Eridan Captor, were a young male couple of 25 and they wanted to have a child so bad. Sollux, however was infertile, meaning he had difficulty getting Eridan pregnant. But that didn't stop them from trying.

They tried for months until one day, Eridan got sick. We was vomiting and they didn't know why. So the couple went to the doctor and were blessed with good news. Eridan was pregnant!

After months of trying and trying, they finally succeeded with having a baby! Sollux and Eridan shared a small, loving kiss and Eridan rubbed his still small stomach. They couldn't wait to be parents.

They prepared for everything. They made a room, they got diapers, bottles, a crib, all the things a baby would need. They decided on names. If the baby was a boy, they'd name him Triton, if the baby was a girl, they'd name her Carina. The would-be parents have never been more happy.

However, good things are never meant to last. It was during  Eridan's 6th month of pregnancy when a terrible event happened. Eridan was merely walking home from the supermarket, when he was mugged. Eridan pleaded with the mugger, telling him he didn't have anything, but the mugger didn't listen. He kept threatening Eridan and shoved him around. When Eridan still didn't give him anything, the mugger attacked him. He shoved him to the ground and began kicking him aiming for whatever body part.

Eridan tried his hardest to protect his stomach, but it was futile. His stomach has already taken too much damage. After what seemed like forever, there was noise coming down the street. It sounded like sirens. Sometime must've noticed what was happening and called the cops. The mugger realized this and ran off, not wanting to get arrested.

Eridan was unconscious when the ambulance got to him and took him to the hospital. He was unconscious when the doctors told Sollux that he lost the baby. When Eridan did wake and was told the news, he let out a great wail. When he lost the baby, it was as if a piece of him went with his unborn child.

Now, months after the incident Eridan has become recluse, even to the point where his husband couldn't reach him. He had thoughts of what could've been, of what should've been. He still dreams of the incident, because he knows it was his fault. And now, him and his husband will never get to be parents because of one miscarriage.