fifteen

"Man, you have to be kidding me." Emmett said. "You're ditching a game of baseball to spend some alone with Luella."

Edward sighed. "I want to be with Luella today. We've been bonding with all of you and I guess that I haven't had the right amount of time with Luella. I want to spend time with her, plus, I might ask her." He showed the ring to Emmett causing him to look at Edward shock. "I can't live without Luella."

"You're asking her tonight?"

"Not tonight. Prom."

Edward heard Luella coming downstairs causing him to put the ring up. "Edward?"

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, I am."

Emmett watched them leave causing him to shake his head laughing. He grabbed the rest of the baseball gear and left.
~~~
Luella looked at Edward as they sat watching a movie. "Why exactly did you want to go on a date instead of playing ball?"

"Because I wanted it to be just us." He said looking at her. "It's like I don't get that anymore."

Luella smiled as she leaned over and kissed him. She pulled back smiling. "Edward, let's forget about the movie, I want to show you something."

Edward nodded as he stood up and took her hand. Luella smiled as she dragged him out of the theatre's. He wondered where she was taking him, but Luella managed to block him from seeing what she was going to show him. Edward pulled her back into his arms causing them to look at one another. He leaned in and kissed her causing Luella to smile. "I think I know where to go." He tells her.

"Let's see."
~~~
Luella smiled as her and Edward danced under the moonlight. Edward smiled as he dipped her causing her to look at him. "I love you." She tells him. "Everything you do makes me feel so special. I have this amazing vampire that shows me something that I never thought I deserved." Smiling, Edward brought her back up. "I don't think I ever want to lose you."

"Never." He said kissing her.

Luella smiled as she kissed him back just for him to pull away. "Tease."

Edward chuckled as he held her left hand. "Luella Brady, if you were alive back in 1918, I would have definitely courted you." He tells her. "But this is 2005 and I have something that I was going to wait till prom for, but I couldn't." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "Luella, I've never thought that I would meet a woman who had me lusting for her everyday or wanting to be around as much as I have with you. The more I'm with you, I realize it's more then lust, I fell in love with you, baby." Getting on his knee, Luella covered her mouth as she had tears falling down her face. "I want to have you forever. I will turn you, but I want to marry you. Luella Brady, will you marry me?"

Luella smiled. "Yes."

Edward slipped the ring on and quickly picked her up and spin around with her laughing in his arms. He put her on her feet just for him to kiss her. Luella held him close as if she didn't want this to end.
~~~
At the hotel, Edward kissed Luella as they laid in bed after they celebrated. Luella's cell started ringing causing Edward to ignore the call causing her to laugh. "That could be important."

"Yes, but I'm enjoying this moment. You, naked, underneath me, and celebrating our engagement."

"Oh, Edward." Luella said as he leaned in and kissed her again till the call interrupted them again. "Okay, let's see what they are wanting before I strangle them."

Edward grabbed the phone. "Hello?"

"Bella is in danger."

"Thomas, I could care less. Luella and I are doing something important."

"I need your help."

"Yeah." Luella went under the covers causing Edward to lay his head against the headboard.

"Yes. Please help."

"Thomas, I'm not putting my mate in danger because you didn't think anything about the nomads. Just because they were leaving didn't mean they were that far away. Shit." He mumbled the last part as he felt Luella. "I need to go."

"Edward...."

Edward hung the phone up and uncover Luella who looked up. He shook his head. "You just had to do that."

Luella stopped and smiled. "I got your attention and got him off the phone." She said as she climbed on top of him running her hands up and down his chest. "You're mine tonight, Mr. Cullen."

"As you are, Mrs. Cullen."

"Luella Cullen. I love it."

"Then come here."

Luella laughed as she leaned in and kissed him. Edward flipped them causing her to laugh. They reached for the phones and turned them off. The weekend was their's and no one was going to ruin that for them at all. No drama, just Luella and Edward.