thirteen

Luella smiled as she studied. Edward sat behind her kissing her neck. "This is not helping me at all." She tells him. "Edward." He pulled away and looked at her. "What?"

"Baby, don't worry about it." He tells her. "Thomas is wanting us to meet Bella soon and I know it might be hell."

Luella laid her book down and leaned against his chest. She closed her eyes as Edward looked at her face. "I don't know about all this. When she finds out that he wants her here..."

"Yeah." He said. "Then it will be a mess still because of..."

"Rosalie." Luella finished. "Edward, can we just start working on our house that you were planning for."

"Yeah." He said. "Let me go see if Esme have some ideas."

Luella nodded as she felt him kiss her head and leave. She got out of bed and walked to the window and started thinking if she could carry Edward's children, but sighed as she knew that wouldn't happen. Edward heard her thoughts and sighed as he would love for Luella to have his children.
~~~
Edward saw Luella sound asleep and went to speak to Carlisle. "Carlisle." He looked up from his studies. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He said. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Luella wants children, but I can't..."

"Edward, she knows this. If it was possible for her to have a kid then that will be a treat to learn, but all my years, I've never heard of it." He said.

Edward nodded. "I don't want her to feel like being like us will be a mistake."

"It's not a mistake." She said from the door causing Edward and Carlisle to look at her. "I love you, Edward and I know that if it was possible we would be having a child, but I wouldn't mind not having one because I have you." Luella took his hand in her's making him look up at her. "Don't ever think that I will be unhappy because I won't. I can accept it and do what Carlisle and Esme did, but differently. Adopt."

"Really?"

She nodded as she grabbed kissed him. "Really."

Carlisle smiled at them as Luella accepted her future without children. He watched Luella drag Edward away causing him to shake his head. "Their lust is still strong."

"At least you don't have to feel their emotions." Jasper said as he sat down. "I heard them. I'm surprised Luella doesn't care like Rosalie does."

"I think she accepted because we are her only family and the thought of dying doesn't fit well with her or us."

Jasper nodded. "Do you think it's possible for them to have children?"

"I don't know till it happens."

Jasper nodded as he heard Luella talking to Alice about prom as Edward walked back in. "Why does she do that?"

"It's Alice." Was all Jasper said as Emmett walked in with Thomas.

"Girls day out." They said causing the other three men to laugh.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Actually, I found a spot to build a house for me and Luella. Would you guys help me start building it?"

"Let's go." Emmett said. "Luella is going to be shocked when she sees this house."

Edward nodded as they left to start building. Carlisle looked back at the book he was reading before leaving. Everything seems to be going the way Alice told us. What will happen with Bella knowing though? Carlisle thought as he left.