twenty three

The following months came and went, but something about today felt off to Luella. Edward found her looking at the water and put his arms around her. "Our house is in the works." He tells her, but notices that something is wrong. "Baby?"

"Sorry." She says as she turned causing Edward to put his hands on her bump. "Something about us two going home feels weird." She sighed. "Alice had already left and the two of us are being left out of whatever..."

"Don't worry." He tells her. "She saw a vision about Bella dying and had to go see for herself. I told her not to tell you because you are pregnant and what happens to Bella and Thomas is on them. Not us."

"Still pissed off?"

"Yeah." He says. "I thought I lost you forever, but I didn't. He still had no rights to use you as a shield."

"That's why we are having our own place." She tells him. "Away from the drama that follows Bella Swan and Thomas Cullen."
~~~
Arriving back to Forks a few days later, Luella and Edward went to her old house where they will be staying till their house is built. "Home sweet home." She says as they got out.

"Baby, you need to go rest."

"I can..."

"No. You are pregnant and your due date isn't that far away." He tells her. "Go inside and rest. I'll be there in a minute."

Luella nodded as Edward watched her walk in. Emmett pulled up with Jasper causing Edward to look at them. "Bella has to turn..."

"We have nothing to do with them." He says. "What happens between them stays within them. I have a pregnant wife who is close to her due date and I am not letting her stress out."

Emmett nodded as he looked at him. "Tell her thanks. Rose is expecting."

"So her gift...."

"Works." Jasper says. "Need some help?"

Edward looked in the back of his car to see a lot and nodded. They had to act like they were humans and having Emmett and Jasper there will help them. Luella poked her head out of the house. "Edward, you have a phone call." She tells him.

"Coming, baby." He says as he looked at the boys. "We will finish talking later."

"Deal."

Luella watched all three of them walking in with luggage and smiled as she hugged Emmett and Jasper. They were home, but starting a new life with no drama.