twenty two

"Are you two sure about telling the Volturi?" Carlisle asks them as they looked at the screen. "It could cause issues."

"Not if they know about my gift." She says. "We want to protect our family and by doing so, we have to tell them."

"We've talked about this since we discovered the baby." Edward says. "I want people to know that we can have kids if they have a gift or is touched by someone who can help."

Carlisle sighed as he looked at them. "Call them." He says. "I'll send the ultrasound to them."

"Thank you." Luella says as Edward kissed her. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay, baby."

Carlisle knew he would have to bring up what everyone was noticing. Is Edward and Luella going to stay with the coven?
~~~
"Edward?" He heard causing him to look to see everyone.

Luella walked downstairs after her shower to see everyone in the living room. Standing beside her husband she had to ask. "What's going on?" She asked as her hand rested on the small bump forming.

"We have noticed the two of you have been enjoying your time here." Esme says.

"Okay, and?"

"And we're scared that you two are leaving the coven." Esme says. "I can't lose you two..."

"Esme, we have been talking, but it's not to leave the coven. We couldn't do that." Luella says as Edward pulled her down into his lap.

"We have been thinking of having a house built behind the coven house." Edward says. "We just want a peaceful life with now no drama."

"So, you two just want to be on your own with the baby."

"Yes, but we will still come and visit. It's just that after what Thomas did Luella, I don't think I want to go through that again or lose my child because Thomas can't protect his own mate." Edward says. "I'm sorry if this upset you guys, but I'm just thinking of my wife and our child."

"We're not upset." Carlisle says as Rosalie walked over to them and hugged the blonde. "We're actually glad that you are talking to us."

"What about the Volturi?"

"Oh, I called them." Edward says. "They are shocked, but surprised with this rare gift."

"The baby is safe." Luella announced. "Now, if you excuse me. I'm going hunting with Rosalie. I'm vanished."

Edward smiled as the two blondes left. "She touched Rosalie, Emmett."

"We may stay with you two." Emmett says. 'I think we all are tired of the drama."

Everyone nodded causing Esme to look at her husband. "Carlisle, I think we need to plan a new home for Edward and Luella." Carlisle looked at her smiling. "I know where they are coming from..."

"It's time to start acting like a leader instead of letting Thomas run the show."

Edward smiled as he stood up. "Thank you." He said. "I'm gone hunting."

"We're joining you."

Emmett left with Edward as Alice and Jasper followed. Esme looked at Carlisle smiling. "Well, we have our own room. Let's say we enjoy sometime to ourselves."

Carlisle smiled as he followed his wife. Their still a happy family, but how long till Luella's gift works on the others.