break time.

head canon: when svetlana was taken back to russia, yev was left with mickey and ian, since mickey was always at work ian took care of him most of the time. Mickey doesn't see how much it affects ian physically until he took a day off.
———————

Its officially been a year since Svetlana Milkovich was ripped away and taken back to russia, her son Yevgeny was left to his father and his fathers partner.

Mickey Milkovich and Ian Gallagher.

Mickey had gotten a stable job while Ian agreed to stay at home and take care of yev that way they wouldn't have to pay for a babysitter.

Mickey never took much time off, and he rarely ever spent time with ian or his son but ian understood. they needed money especially if they had to now care for a child full time.

Ian balanced his 'disease' as he reffered to it, as well as balancing child care and other stuff he had going on with his family. the redhead never had anytime to himself, rarely ever ate or slept, he experienced multiple energy crashes some days.

The side effects of his meds never really helped either but he dealt with it and pushed through, convincing himself that he had it and that he could do it and for the most part he could. anytime he asked for extra help, everyone was always busy.

today was one of those days, he hadn't slept for at least four days, barely getting shut eye in for just  a few minutes but he got up and got ready just like he did everyday. only mickey had taken the day off of work so he was expecting a bit more help around the house.

he did the usual morning routine and cooked breakfast while entertaining a very giggly baby in his high chair. everything was going smoothly but he felt tired, super tired, it was just fatigue from not sleeping for almost the whole week.

"morning." mickey mumbled as he placed a kiss on yevs head, moving to place a short kiss on ians lips, making the ginger smile warmly. "morning."

"any plans for today?"

Ian plated yevs food and started cutting it up as mickey watched, "just need to go pick up my refill and head to the grocery store, was hoping you'd watch yev while i do so." he said as he smiled at yevgeny and handed him the plate of food, the baby babbling and bouncing happily.

"can't you just take him with you? i was planning on meeting some friends later."

ian groaned under his breath but left that happy smile on his face as he maintained his gaze on the baby, making sure he didn't choke. "i mean yeah but it'll make the whole trip so much easier." he chuckled a bit.

Mickey shrugged and wrapped his arms around ian from behind, kissing wherever his lips could reach, "i'd love to but i don't want to spend my day off taking care of a child ian."

"hes your son—"

"its my day off, would rather just relax."

"i would just love to fucking relax." ian mumbled under his breath as he pushed mickeys arms off of him and picked the child up, "fine. i'll take him with. you need anything at the store?"

mickey shook his head as he watched ian walk into the bedroom, following him and watching him dress the child. "nah i'm good. i think i'm gonna head out." he said and kissed ian on the cheek, "love you."

ian grumbled, "love you too."

**

it was around 4pm that day and ian had just gotten back from the grocery store with a crying child and zero energy. mickey was already back and laying on the couch, ian was struggling to bring in bags and hold yev at the same time.