questions.

head canon: mickey asks the same questions everyday, ian finds it adorable and adores it about mickey.
————————

ian and mickey were sitting on the sofa in the milkovich household.

ian was sitting against the arm rest, whilst mickey had himself on top of ian. this was mickeys favorite way to lay because his boyfriend couldn't get up and he was comfortable.

the gallagher had his fingers running through his lovers hair, while his own head was turned towards the tv, enjoying the crime documentary he had put on.

it was silent and both men we're relaxed, enjoying eachothers presence.

"you love me right?"

mickey spoke out of no where.

ian cocked an eyebrow and looked at him, "yes mick, i love you."

mickey nodded and then opened his mouth to speak again, "how much?"

ian playfully rolled his eyes and chuckled softly, "so much that i chased after you until you admitted you loved me. so much that i fucked you at yours and svetlanas stupid wedding."

they both went silent again and ian went back to watching the television, until mickey came up with more questions to asks and bug the young ginger beneath him.

"you love trevor and caleb that much?"

"no mickey. obviously not if i came back to you."

"so if you didn't come back to me, you would love trevor and caleb that much." he pushed himself up to look at ian, with a slight grumpy look on his face.

ian groaned and shook his head, taking his fingers out of mickeys hair, "no mickey, thats not what i meant."

"then what did you mean?"

he actually stumped ian, making him pause for a moment before answering. "i don't know, but thats not what i meant." he finally said.

mickey rolled his eyes and got up off of the couch, "so you'd still love them if you weren't with me?" he started interrogating ian, getting an attitude and very clearly upset.

"no mickey. even if i wasn't with you, i'd be dying to be with you. i went to mexico with you—"

"you left me at the border."

"i almost ruined my parole to stay in prison with you."

"but you didn't."

"because you told me not to."

"still."

ian let out another loud groan and grabbed mickeys wrist, pulling him back down on the couch. "i love you very much and i always have since you and i fucked in the back of the kash n grab." he pressed a kiss to mickeys temple and grinned.

mickey let a smile tug on his lips but he couldn't help but wonder about other things, thus turning more towards ian to face him.

"you ever think about me while fucking your exes?"

"all the time mick."

"why do you love me?" mickey finally asked after its been bugging him for so long, scared to ask it, afraid to upset ian in anyway, afraid of getting an answer he didn't want.

ian kissed his head and pulled him close, "because you're mickey and you're a little shit thats very loveable, even if you think you're not." he smiled, making mickey smile too.

"i mean what is there to not love about you? you're very protective, funny, and you care about me. you shove my meds down my throat everyday and you're paitent with me on my worst days."

ian continued on.

"i used to question wether or not you'd turn out like frank and end up leaving me because you couldn't take my stupid sickness anymore, but then i realized how much you cared for me, and knew my needs better than anyone else did." that made mickey raise an eyebrow, did ian really think that?

the ginger took a breath and then shrugged, "moral of the story . . i love you because you're paitent and caring, and you love me."

this made mickey smile a lot, he didn't know ian was that head over heels for him. mickey had considered ian family for a long time, ian was there for him a lot more than his fuck up of a family. ian made mickey feel loved, made him feel like he was worth a lot more than he actually was.

"damn gallagher, you're soft." he teased and connected their lips together, "love you for it though." he mumbled against his boyfriends lips.

"i love you and your stupid questions too." ian laughed, making mickey laugh harder.