22. Wreckless

Von

I pace the hospital floor, I couldn't believe I let shit get this far. I wasn't even thinking, and now she's here. She could be dead just like... and my baby too. Fuck.

" Von just sit down," Miranda says, I look down at her, snatching my arm away.

" I can't ", I say in harsh tone, I just needed someone to say something. 

We've been here for almost 7 hours and bot a doctor or nurse has said a word to us. It was pissing me off, but I was tryna be patient.  We told her she had fell down a flight of stairs , and we found her like that.

" You think she gonna make it?" I ask Durk, looking at him.

" Yeah man, just have faith", he tells me, nodding.

" You right, just gotta pray", I way lowly, more to myself.

I havent prayed in a long time, but since I was like six years old. It kinda got hard for me too pray, sometimes I be hearing voices saying shit it shouldn't so I stopped. Plus the lifestyle I had growing up made it hard for me to believe God was real.

" Aye God, um... it been a while. But I just need you to do me a favor. Make sure Bria and my baby okay, if you do that, I promise to do better, " I say in my head, leaving it at that. Only because I really ain't know what to say after that.

" Von man, come sit down and drink some water", Booka says knocking me out my thoughts.

" Is this the family of Bria Carson?" Asks a doctor as he approaches us..

" Yes", I say stepping up, standing in front of him.

" Well I'm doctor Fernandez,  were any of you aware she was five and a half months pregnant?" Doctor Fernandez asks.

" Yes, I'm the father, the baby okay?" I ask him, and he chuckles making me frown.

" What the fuck is so funny?" Durk asks him standing up.

" Its babies, twins. A girl and a boy. They are fine, we had to give her an emergency C-section, " he tells me.

" Wait, so they here? " I ask him in shock.

" yes, premature but they appear to be healthy,  you can come see them", he tells me.

" Can my friends come with me?" I ask him.

" Yes of course, come follow me", he says.

We all follow him through the emergency room, to the baby nursery. He points me to the two babies with carson. They looked just like me and Bria, they looked both identical, brown skin, my lips, my eyes, and bria's nose. The only difference is the boy had wild curls and the girl hair was straight.