20. dil chahta hai

Start from the beginning

"Kyu?" Shiva stood right in front of her, their faces a feet apart, "main bolunga chudail lag rahi hai toh change karegi?" He laughed expecting her to be annoyed but she nodded instead. She was serious and he smiled, shaking his head. "Dobi, acchi lag rahi hai. Aur koi kuch bhi bole, tu bas wahi kar jo tera dil chahta hai." 

Dil chahta hai.

Raavi's eyes travelled from his soulful eyes to his lips and she gulped, she then met his eyes again and Shiva read those lines, that desire because he had always felt it whenever they were this close. Raavi could see the urge in his eyes clearly, and what was more surprising that she wanted something on those lines too, which confused her more. She did not know what happening to her mind which would stop working whenever Shiva would tower her like this and this time, they were crystal about their feelings for each other.

Atleast he was.

But Raavi? 

She did not know what was this connection between them, that she was spellbound every time they were inches apart from each other.

"Late... party ke liye..." Shiva stepped out first this time, "sab chale gaye, hum bhi chalte hai..."

Raavi sighed, finding herself releasing the breath that she had held and stepped back too. She was getting infuriated at her self for being this weird and in no way wanted to take advantage of Shiva's emotions. She should hold her and her confused notions because this would not be fair to him. 

"Waise tune ye nahi bataya ki main kaisa lag raha hu?" Shiva changed the topic, pointing at his handsome set of attire.

And then Raavi remembered that this would be the perfect time to give him the jacket she bought, it would go beautiful on this attire. She asked for a minute from Shiva and rushed to her room and got him the jacket, surprising Shiva. She paid no heed to him and helped him wear it and awwed in delight, Shiva looked so handsome in that jacket over his white t-shirt and brown chinos. He was looking a little more than a treat to her eyes, and she smiled, as he looked at her, eyes furrowed.

"Ey chipkali," He asked, dusting the jacket and meeting her eyes, "you sure this look nice right? Or this is some silly prank of yours to get me embarrassed in the party?"

"Whoever embarrasses you is going to have to face me," She simply stated, as she reached out to adjust the collar, "and angry Shiva is something they can handle, but angry Raavi, hell no." She winked at him and he smiled, lost in her eyes while she adjusted his attire. 

How perfect they looked even though they were imperfectly made.

"Abh chale?"

"Saaru,"

_

Raavi was teary eyed when she spent the entire evening with the people who made Somnath the city she would never forget. There was everything in the party that meant something or the other for her, be it sour candies, her raw mango slices counter, her favourite dishes, loads of pretty decors, and a spotlight which highlighted her when she entered the hall. Everything about it was making her more emotional, because she was about to leave this family of hers.

She grew up here, the love she got from here, the admiration and care, the respect and the values, this was all a blessing for her, and honestly, these people made her parentless life, blissful.

And more than anyone, it was Shiva, the man who had been with her constantly so she would be comfortable, the man who had arranged everything by himself and the man who had gone beyond his rage, beyond his personal issues to help her get out of the dark place. And when she did not want to leave the dark place, too tired to leave, he dropped down, picked her up and got her out towards the end of the tunnel.