14. Farewell Gift

While Raavi had shopped really quick, to not keep Shiva waiting, Shiva was contemplating whether or not he should buy this dupatta. He was trying really hard to get the image of Raavi on the girl who was in his dreams, trying to see whether it was she who had sneakily left an imprint of hers in his life. He could not yet see her as the same girl, but he felt an attachment towards this multi-colour dupatta, which represented the one in his dream. 

He had to buy it, someday some girl's face may just pop up with this dupatta in his dreams and that day he'd find his answers. 

"Chal," Raavi said, once she had bought tons of clothes from the shop, hands holding the shopping bags, "I am done."

"Itni jaldi?" Shiva looked at his watch, "abh toh chaar ghante baaki hai."

Raavi narrowed her eyes at him and he smiled, teasing her, "you should be thankful, I sped up my shopping for you."

"Oh, is it?" Shiva folded his arms, nodding, "thank you, aap nahi hoti toh humara kya hota."

"Hai na?" 

Their cute eye-lock broke when a passerby dashed into him and they straightened themselves. "What did you buy?" He asked, happy to see her shop a lot of clothes. Raavi loved shopping for herself, because she loved herself a lot, and seeing her treat herself, Shiva was happy to see her being her old-self again. 

"Itni saari cheezein," She said lifting those bags and feeling good after a long time, "Sarees for massi-maa, Dhara dii, one amazing shawl for Suman kaki and a very pretty pink net gown salwar for Anita dii, and a small gift for someone," Shiva met her eyes, twinkling when she mentioned all these names, "they are going to be so happy."

"Tune apne liye kuch liya ki nahi?"Shiva asked, pleasantly surprised to see the self-centered girl find a little gleam of happiness in buying things for others. 

This was how he was, he found happiness in giving, and taking nothing from it but happy smiles, and he knew that Raavi was a bit different, she loved herself and took pride in being the prettiest girl in Somnath. She was her favourite, and she loved being the most chirpiest girl. While there was nothing wrong in being a bit selfish, Shiva never thought that Raavi could also be a little like him. 

"Zyaada nahi," Raavi shrugged, waiving it off, "just a few kurtis, a pair of jeans. I don't need much anyway. I have a tons of clothes and thankfully, I still fit in all of those. But everyone has been so kind to me lately, so you know, its time I give them a little something." She smiled, a small, kind smile that was, and it was so pure that Shiva smiled back, reciprocating happiness with happiness. 

Shiva snapped out of it, and knocked on Raavi's forehead with his knuckles, "kya kar raha hai?" She asked, inching away and rubbing her forehead.

"Main dekh raha hu ki woh Raavi kaha hai, jo apne aap ke liye sau cheezein leeti thi aur woh bhi kam padti usse." He teased her again, and she pouted. "Main dekh raha hu, ye Raavi toh koi aur hi hai."

"Ey Shiva," She snapped her finger at him and he tilted his head, "Raavi kitni bhi badal jaaye, rahegi toh teri Maami ki Behen ki Beti, saaru?" 

"Saaru,"

They smiled, feeling comfortable with each other as every minute passed. The level of connection they shared was old, but seemed new every time they interacted, a new level of exploration, new level of serene and solace, and new found feelings made their way.

"I need to buy a couple of shirts for Massa-paa too," She said, pointing towards the Men's clothing shop, "Shall we?" 

Shiva rubbed the back of his hair, hesitating as he spoke up, "I need to do something," He wanted to buy the dupatta, but felt too uncomfortable to explain it, "tu jaa, main aata hu."