11. Chudail aur Bhootnath

"Bhabhi, aaram se."

"Bike chalate waqt bhabhi ki yaad nahi aayi?" Dhara was growling in sheer anger, and when she applied the antiseptic directly on his open wounds, Shiva bit his lip because he'd rather bear this pain than listen to Dhara's murderous voice. "Aa su che, Shiva? Taari buddhi ghass khava gai che?"

Gautam and Krish were cringing in both, pain and at Dhara's anger which Shiva was now handling, more worse than the accident it was Dhara's wrath for Shiva to bear.

Shiva pouted, looking at Dhara, "kya bhabhi, aapko toh paata hai, main sirf aapke hath ka khana khaata hu, kuch aur nahi." He tried to lighten the mood, and tilted his head, looking at his sweet sister-in-law, but unlike Gautam and Krish, who chuckled, Dhara only grunted.

"Vaydo na ban," She warned him and he smiled, rubbing the back of his head and this time letting Dhara take care of his wounds. She sat next to him, removing her frustration on him, but Shiva knew this was only because she loved him and was concerned about him. "Tere chakkar mein woh bechari Raavi ka bhi accident hua, woh Anita keh rahi thi ki uski pair mein laggi hai." Dhara addressed the Pandya men, "couldn't you not ride rashly when she was with you? What if something would have happened to the both of you? Huh?"

Shiva lowered his gaze, letting Dhara carry on with her rant and did not correct her because to keep Raavi away from any confrontation or lectures, he had taken the blame himself and had apologised to both, Prafulla and Dhara, first dropping Raavi and then coming home. Raavi was emotionally disturbed, and if he told them that she rode it, she would be more troubled than she was now. Shiva would take all the beatings and the scolding if it meant Raavi was at peace.

For some odd reason, Prafulla did not scream at him, nor did she taunt, or mention her Bhogilal, but took the limping Raavi in her embrace and without any exchange, shut the door on his face. On the other hand, Dhara had yelled on him on behalf of both the families', tears forming in the corner of her eyes as she treated his wounds and was both upset on and for him.

"Sorry bhabhi," Shiva held his ears, puppy eyes at its best as he looked at her, "agli baar nahi hoga. Please?"

Dhara rolled her eyes, being done with the medicines and forwarded the tumeric milk that Gautam had already prepared for him, "Pi le, aur naha lena sone se pehle."

"Nahana zaroori hai?" He asked, but regretted it soon enough when Dhara turned, "zaroori hai." He said, and Krish chuckled at him.

"Gaumbi, Krish," Dhara looked at the two men, who knew not to step on Dhara's nerves, "Khana lag gaya hai, kha lo."

She left, stomping her feet, and while Gautam and Krish left, sympathising with Shiva, he on the other hand, smiled. He looked at his arm where the scratches were more evident and almost looked like a bear claw wound. The cream and antiseptic were burning on his skin and he blew air on it, "ye Maami ki Behen ki Beti ek din marwa degi." He shook his head, taking the turmeric milk glass in his hand. "Ye haldi doodh mein daali hai ya doodh haldi main!" He smelled the yellow milk, "bhabhi bhi kam nahi hai, pata nahi ye dono agar iss ghar mein saath rahenge toh mera toh jeena haram ho jayega." Shiva said, not realising what he said and gulped the milk.

Then it struck him, he almost spit the milk when he realised what he said.

"Dono ghar mein saath kyu rahenge?" He hit his head, calling himself an idiot as he finished the drink. "It's not like I am going to marry that gadhedi, right?"

Right?

He could not answer his own question. Because he was stunned, all this while wondering why he was not able to answer it. It was just a simple yes, of course, and obviously but he said neither of those. Gulping nervously, Shiva ran his hand through his hair.