7. Raavi ya Maami

Shiva took a deep breath, as he looked at the wooden door. He was frozen, to be honest, neither were his legs taking him ahead or backing off because he was very perplexed in what was to be done ahead. This house was where his Prafulla Maami stayed, he hated this house, the lane, the people around too because of his maami who had been really bitter when they were small and had also thrown them out of this house in pure shame and disdain.

But this was also the house where Raavi lived. And although Shiva never liked coming here, he had to several times be here for that girl who was somehow so strong in his memories. Sometime for Dev, for Dhara and many a times, just for himself, he did come here, to meet her, to fight with her, to listen to her rubbish and to make sure that she was okay. She was so fragile since they were kids, always wearing her heart on her sleeves and getting her feelings hurt.

Of course she was affected by the heartache, he knew that Raavi loved without any conditions, or reasons or boundaries. He had seen her do crazy things in love and only she could do them, no matter how irrational they were, Raavi always did what her heart wanted and Shiva only wanted her heart to be fixed again.

So she could fly away, happy and hopeful.

For her sake, Shiva took a step closer to the door, but immediately backed off when he remembered his maami's face and her loud voice and he took another step back. No way was he going to face his maami and if he did, he might just lose his anger again.

"Shiva," He took a deep breath, fisting his hands, "Dhara bhabhi ne kya kaha tha?" He spoke aloud, reminding himself of their discussion last night.

"Shiva, tujhe agar Raavi ko wapas khush dekhna hai toh tujhe uski khushi ke liye uske parivaar se dhang se baat karni hogi."

Shiva wanted help from Dhara, but what Dhara was asking was near to murder.

"Bhabhi, marr jaunga par uss Maami se kabhi acche se baat nahi karunga."

Dhara shook her head, "theek hai, phir chod de Raavi ko uske haal pe..." With that she was about to leave when Shiva clicked his tongue, tsking, and held Dhara's hand.

"Bhabhi?"

"Kya bhabhi?" Dhara looked at Shiva, she knew that what Shiva and Raavi shared was too beautiful to be named, but if she told Shiva the truth upfront, he would deny and run far away from those feelings instead of dwelling on them. "If you want Raavi to be okay before she leaves, then you have to do this."

"Aur koi option nahi hai?" He pleaded, his eyes told Dhara that he really wanted to help Raavi but that he also disliked her family.

Dhara pouted, caressing Shiva's cheek, "Hota toh main bolti na?" She shook her head making Shiva sigh in tiredness already. "Maami jaisi bhi ho Shiva, hai toh Raavi ki maa jaisi, nahi, maa hai uski." Dhara corrected herself, "and maa se jung ladke, kaisi theek karoge uski beti ko?" She raised her eyebrows at the exhausted Shiva. "You have to do this, you have to choose Shiva, Raavi ya Maami?"

Shiva gulped, looking at the house and unclenched his jaw, loosened his hands and took a deep breath once again. He knew that as always, Dhara was right, Prafulla may be the meanest witch in town, but she loved Raavi as her own and Raavi would be easier to pacify if Maami was with him.

But was this worth it? He thought, looking at the balcony, thinking that he should just climb up as usual, because Maami was not worth his respect.

He remembered all the childhood bitterness and took another step back, shaking his head. He couldn't, and he would not. If his mother would be here, she would not want him to do this too. He shook his head, this was not going to happen, not in this lifetime atleast. He turned to leave, but he almost dashed into someone and realised that it was no one but little Raavi and Shiva who were once again evident in his memories.