8. Somnath ki Sherni

"Ye room aisa kyu hai?" Shiva asked when he looked at the messy room, clothes scattered here and there, cartons of carboard boxes laying in one corner, letters and pictures from albums lay open in the middle, books and textbooks with the scattered pages lay flying. "Tere dimaag ki tarah tera room bhi..." But Raavi looked at him and that shut him up, as he stood at the entrance, not knowing where to sit.

He may not have a bathe daily, but even he was not this messy.

"But seriously, what happened here?" He asked, as he saw colorful papers being torn and diaries being destroyed.

"Kuch samaj nahi aa raha tha," Raavi mumbled, but Shiva heard it, somehow used to her soft voice by now. "But what are you doing here?" She asked, sitting on the bed, clearly disturbed.

Shiva looked at her, there was so much he wanted to do for her, so much he wanted to say but neither he had the courage nor any entitlement towards her. After their hundreds and thousands of fights, and his bitter words to her witty ones, Shiva did not know how Raavi was still speaking to him. If he was in her place, and he would have never kept any relations with the angry Shiva, the one who belittled her so much.

One day, he'll ask her why she held onto their weird relationship.

"Chal," He said, still standing at the entrance, the room was so messy that he could not even find a place to step in. "Tujhe lena aaya hu."

Raavi looked at him, tired at his shenanigans', "Shiva, I am not going to go anywhere." She shook her head, running her hand through her hair. "You see this? This is exactly what is happening in my head right now, this is the exact replica of my life." She said, softly as she pointed at the messed up room. "I don't understand what happened." She sighed, yet again, shutting her eyes and holding her head while Shiva looked at her.

He walked towards her, somehow finding enough space to walk through the mess and sat on the edge of the bed, besides her. For a minute or two, Shiva found himself just sitting there, he was not really the one with comfort words or sweet assurances. He was more like the action movie, and Raavi was a rom-com, and they did not match, but right now was not the time to sit back and cry over their differences.

It was time for some action.

So he did what he was best at.

Shiva looked at her, and held her wrist, "News suni tune?" He asked, and Raavi looked at him, teary eyes, tired gaze, but shaking her head at his question. "Keh rahe Somnath mein baad aa rahi hai."

Raavi tilted her head, "Somnath mein baad aa rahi hai?" She asked, a little surprised at the news, weird but if Shiva sounded so serious, it could be true.

"Haan," He shifted closer, and his finger held her lonely tear that escaped her eye, "dekh, ek aur addition." He showed her the tear, and Raavi met his eyes.

They were too close to each other, and that gave them enough time to read each other's eyes. It was a funny business though, reading one's eyes and trying to understand what the person was feeling and Raavi was very bad at that. She could never understand facial expressions or eyes, because if she did, she would have known that Dev was never in love with her. Yet, she met Shiva's eyes, knowing that this man in front of her, was someone she could always understand.

What was there in him that needed explanation?

Shiva has always been a confrontational man, everything he had in his mind was on his lips, rude or not, Shiva never kept anything inside him and Raavi knew that. Yet when she looked at him, his eyes, his black dark eyes boring right into hers, she felt something.

Like they were holding secrets. Something was wrong with this man, he was not the Shiva she knew, or grew up with. He was not the guy she fought with, or hated her, or found ways to insult or demean her. He was someone else.