13. Life is a circle

"Huh?"

Raavi was flabbergasted. Did she actually hear Shiva say that he liked her or like before this was also her imagination? She shook her head, surprised at first, confused at the very next moment and she stood in disbelief. 

Shiva would die, but never say such words, atleast not to her. 

"Kya kaha tune?" She asked, and before Shiva could explain himself, Anita barged in the house, yelling her name from a mile away.

"Anita dii," Shiva pointed at the entrance of the kitchen, "bula rahi hai tujhe."

And to Shiva's great relief, Anita entered the kitchen, and Raavi's attention had shifted from a hesitating Shiva to an upset Anita. "What is wrong?" She asked her sister, who was pretty frustrated by her facial expressions. 

"Scooty theek nahi ho sakti, it will take time." Anita sighed and with her Raavi sighed too.

"Abh?"

"Abh ghar." 

Shiva piped in with an interest in the conversation, "what is wrong?"

"I am leaving to Jamnagar on Saturday," Raavi said, facing him and missed the streak of sadness etching on his face, "and Massi-maa ne paise diye the, mere shopping ke liye." She explained, her shoulders slumping, Shiva knew how much Raavi loved shopping for herself. "And now that our scooty is not working, we cannot go. Saarey paise toh rickshaw main aane jaane main khatam ho jayenge." 

"Kai vando nathi, main le jaata hu tujhe." He shrugged, like it was the simplest solution to their problem. 

While Raavi shook her head, distressed, Anita on the other hand nodded. "Saaru." She said, happy that Raavi could go shopping.

"No," Raavi said at the same time, she was not sure about this plan and lately she was getting too close to him and he was acting all the more weird. "I think we can go tomorrow."

"Tomorrow there is this fun-fair in the nearby village," Anita chimed, looking at her sister, "if you go tomorrow, you will miss that."

"Haan, and I am willing to take you right?" Shiva spoke, more like a command than a request. "Problem kya hai?"

"Seriously?" Raavi tilted her head, folding her arms and glaring at him. "Problem kya hai?" She asked him.

"Statue of Liberty se Raavi ban jaa pehle, aur bol, problem kya hai."

"Problem ye hai ki tu sabse zyaada impatient hai, aur mujhe shopping mein time lagta hai."

"Haan toh patient ban jaunga."

"Nahi Shiva, tu ten minutes ke baad, let's go, let's go bolne lagega."

"Nahi kahunga, I swear."

"Aur kaha toh?"

"Toh karle na jaldi se shopping, itna time kyu lagta hai tujhe?"

While they kept bickering back and forth, Anita who was the sole spectator kept turning her head left and right, listening to them in awe. They were fighting like a married couple and as long as there were no tendencies to physical fights she was fine.

"Dekha, abh se hi tujhe jaldi hai."

"Haa meri maa, nahi karunga bas. Abh chalegi?"

"Aur agar tune let's go, let's go ki ratt lagayi toh dekhna, phirse bike speed se le jaungi."

"Ey Maami ki Behen ki Beti, tu mujhe dhamki de rahi hai."

"Haan, Massa ke Behen ka Beta, de rahi hu."