17. It was Raavi

Shiva gritted his teeth, hitting his head because his brain was not in its place and hence he thought that maybe if he could just bring it back to working condition it could hold onto the urges and hormones. Because clearly, he had no control over himself and the way he was getting uncontrollable whenever he was very close to Raavi was clear that his brain had lost its sense of work. 

Thank goodness for the phone call that interrupted their almost kiss, for the first time Shiva was happy for the scam callers who called him and asked for his precious two minutes. Shiva was so relieved that he happily thanked the caller, surprising the latter and giving him two more minutes while Raavi stayed behind. Shiva rushed out of the kitchen like he saw some ghost.

They were about to kiss and honestly, Shiva was glad that he did not. Because this was not the right time, the intuition he was getting from within was clear that she would clearly regret this, because she was not in the right state to make sane decisions no matter how much he wanted to kiss her. Once he was done with his call, he managed to come back to have some control over himself and took a deep breath, now was not the time to be mad at himself.

Now he had to take Raavi to the fair and let her have one last evening without any sorrow or pain.

He walked back in the kitchen but Raavi was nowhere, "Raavi?" He called out, feeling a tad anxious now, what if she was also mad at him like he was. 

"Taiyyar ho rahi hu," Raavi spoke from her room, and Shiva felt relief wash over him and he sat on the sofa, waiting for her. After sitting for some time, his anxiety made him walk all over the house, it had been ages since he had been here and honestly, before the rift, he loved being here. 

Maama, his mother's brother, adored the kids as his own, and Shiva was his favourite. It was weird since Maami and he never got along, but his Maama adored him, sneaking him money, some chocolates and loads of chikki. And Raavi, she had arrived at their house when she seven, her parents had died and that little girl was so sad and lonely when Shiva first met her.

"Baccho," Maama beamed at the kids, the vanar sena wondered what the new girl was doing here, "Aa maari Raavi, maari deekri." 

While Dev and Krish were smiling at the girl, who hid behind their Maama, afraid, Shiva tilted his head and looked at the girl, she was his age. "Maama? How can she be your daughter? Where was she all these years?" 

"Shiva," Maama ruffled his hair, chuckling, "don't mind the past, what is important is we have now found our daughter, and Raavi is my own just like you three are." He smiled at the curious kid, "And sometimes, it takes a lot of time to know that what is ours, will always come back to us, no matter what." 

Shiva eyed the little teary girl, Raavi, who had just been traumatized by the death of her parents and now to start a new life in Somnath with her aunt and uncle. 

"Shiva," He introduced himself, rummaging through his pockets and found a sour candy which he forwarded to her, "aur chipkali ki tarah Maama ke peeche se hatt ja, aur ye le." He said, rude since birth, "le."

Raavi looked at her massa-paa, and he nodded, head on her hair and she stepped out, taking the candy from him. "Main chipkali nahi hu." She said, soft voice but determined to disagree, "Raavi hai mera naam,"

Shiva smiled, shaking his head as he looked at the photo-frames of Raavi and Anita, their childhood, their happy moments all framed. Part of Shiva disliking Raavi was also because he was used to his uncle adoring him, but once she arrived, he forgot him, then the rift, kangan kaand, the fights, the death of his father and paralysis of his mother, Anita betraying Gaumbi and the sourness of his Maami, everything added to Shiva's anger which he bestowed on Raavi.