20. dil chahta hai

"Thank you,"

"Thank you,"

"Dekh tu phir..."

"Nahi, Shiva, you do not understand how grateful I am for you." 

"Ey chipkali..."

"Nahi, Mr. Chattan Pandya, you will have to listen to me, because abh tak tu bolte aa raha hai, aur main chup hu." 

"Aacha, toh bol, teri bakwass ek aakri baar bhi sun leta hu."

"Aakhri baar nahi, Shiva."

"Matlab?"

"Matlab, teri chipkali hu, aise itni jaldi tera peecha nahu chodungi..."

"Or woh kaise? Tu toh jaa rahi hai. Aur waise bhi, tera yaha se jaane mein hi teri bhalai hai."

"Haan, I know, par main ek jagah hamesha rahungi, aur tu nikal nahi sakta."

"Woh kaha?"

"Yaha," She placed his hand on his beating heart, "aur na main tujhe nikalne dungi."

*few hours earlier*

Shiva tilted his head as Raavi walked down from the stairs, looking pretty in the pastel green  gown she wore, another dress she had bought for her post wedding days. She smiled at him, and he smiled back, impressed at how pretty she looked and more than that, how she still held herself strong. Raavi on the other hand, could not believe that even after an eventful day, Shiva had convinced her to attend the not-so-surprise party they had kept for her.

She could not stop smiling after his stunned facial expressions, always seemingly making her feel like she was really precious. Along with him, the other family members, Prafulla, Anita, and the Pandyas beamed at the girl, happy to see her fine and beautifully holding herself. 

"Raavi, kevi sundar lag rahi," Dhara flew her a kiss, and Gautam took a couple of bucks from his pocket and encircled around the girl's head, "nazar na lage humari Raavi ko." He said and she hugged them, happy to see all her favourites in one room.

"Gaumbi, hum jaantey hai ki aapki umar ho gayi hai," Krish piped in, hand over Raavi's shoulder, "But hume party main bhi jaana hai..." And with that they all stepped out, leaving Raavi to walk besides Shiva who smiled softly at her.

Raavi always love being the center of attention, garnering compliments and praises for her beauty was what she often wanted but today was different, right now she could not care less about anyone other than Shiva, who walked besides her, without any admiring words for her.

"Tune bataya nahi," Raavi asked while the rest of them halted few rickshaws, to leave to the venue, Shiva walked towards his bike.

"Kya nahi bataya?" He asked, trying to not keep staring at her.

"Kaisi lag rahi hu?"

Shiva sighed, smiling and facing her, "sabne kaha na..."

"Sabne kaha, but tujhe kya lagta hai." She asked, hoping to know why she was curious for his reaction. "Bol,"