4. mendak jaise

"Gaumbi!"

"Dhara..." Gautam shook his head at his eccentric wife while matching the accounts, since Dev was on vacation, he had to make sure the entries were posted and everything balanced. "Tu kuch zyaada hi soch rahi hai,"

"Main Shiva ko acche se jaanti hu." She whined, tugging at Gautam's arm, "I am telling you, Raavi ke saath jo hua hai uska seedha asar hua hai, usse." 

"Dhara," Gautam sighed, shaking his head. "Shiva aur Raavi bachpan se sirf ladte aaye hai," He said stating a fact which the entire town knew. "Tell me one instance where you saw both of them happy and smiling together without them pouncing at each other?" He made a point because Dhara could not remember any such incident.

Every time Raavi and Shiva were together, they had only fought. Sometimes Raavi would cry at Shiva's incessant teasing, sometimes Shiva would break things at Raavi's taunts. But these two were never together in the same team. Never did anyone in Somnath see these two gel up or agree or hint anything about being friends.

"But, Gaumbi," Gautam smiled at Dhara's another sweet interruption, and he faced her, "Ho sakta hai na, ki we don't know what happened between them?" She tilted her head, pouting, "I mean, we were not there when they were kids, so ho sakta hai ki things happened which we had no idea about?" 

Before Gautam could contradict that, Krish plopped on the sofa, laughing aloud at Dhara. "Kya bhabhi, I was with them for my entire childhood, even now, and I have never seen those two do anything but pounce at each other." He laughed, making Dhara frown at him, "and please, do not even think about getting these two together, because ye ghar Ramayan se Mahabharata ho jayega." For that Gautam gave him high-five while Dhara sighed, sitting back and mad at the Pandya men for belittling her opinion.

She was sure that Shiva and Raavi had something that was unnamed but she had no proof for the same. 

"Hass lo, tum dono," She hit Krish with the pillow and scattered Gautam's papers, "but you will see. When I'll be right, you two will come to me and say, 'Waah Dhara, you were right,'" 

Krish only laughed more while Gautam tried his best to hide his chuckle, and before Dhara could speak up, Shiva passed by the lot. He was folding his sleeve as he made way outside, "what is happening?" He asked, curious at the lot who were sharing a laugh. "Bhabhi pe kyu hass raha hai?" He held Krish's neck from behind and left when Gautam told him to.

"Shiva," Dhara stood next to her favourite brother-in-law, "tu apne bhabhi se pyaar karta hai?" She asked and Shiva furrowed his brows. 

"Of course bhabhi, jaan de sakta hai ye Shiva aapke liye."

"aur tu manta hai teri bhabhi smart hai?" 

"Ye bhi koi puchne wala sawaal hai?"

Dhara raised her brows at Krish and Gautam, "suna?"

"Bhabhi ka puch," Krish muttered but once again found his neck strangled by Shiva's strong hands, "sor-sorry," he managed to speak and Shiva left him, with a chuckle.

"Anyway," Shiva looked at the time, "Gaumbi, I'll go to the shop. Kaka told me that he needs a hand with the deliveries, they are a bit early." 

"Theek che," Gautam nodded, "aur haan, Maami ke yaha delivery ke liye tu mat jaana," He instructed, as Dhara noticed how Shiva's face fell. "Last time you and she both created a ruckus so big that I had to leave the store mid-way," Shiva rolled his eyes at that, Maami deserved it, he thought. "So, I'll either send Krish or I'll go, but please, you don't."

Shiva would have agreed readily, seeing Maami's ugly face was not what he liked doing but then, he could get a glance of Raavi and see whether she was okay after yesterdays's lunch fiasco. This was such a dilemma for him, he sighed, he had to put Maami against Raavi and think whether going to check on Raavi was worth fighting with Maami.