15. Lag gayi Lanka

Shiva was going insane being by himself and his thoughts. He had no idea what was happening and why, but his head was about to burst with the mere idea of not being with Raavi. He knew he was in deep mess already by being a fool around her and now that he was determined to not lose his heart, it was making him more restless. This was not what he wanted when he vowed to help Raavi, this was not supposed to be the end result of this arrangement.

He only wanted her to be happy when she leaves, but now he did not want her to leave at all. 

What kind of selfish thought was that? And what right he had on her to make her stay? Especially when it was his family and his brother who broke her, how could he tell her to stay here knowing this was a place where she did not want to be anymore. 

But, more than anyone, Shiva blamed himself for this. 

Agreed, that Dev did not speak up before, but he did inform them before the wedding day and they all mutually decide to not inform Raavi and carry on with this charade. He should have not been on the agreeing side of the decision, he should have protested, he should have informed Raavi on his own, mocked her too, but he did not want to crush the poor girl's heart, no matter how enticing it was.

As usual, the truth did come out and like a storm, it destroyed the happy spirited Raavi and while she fell, Shiva fell with her too. Their connection, like an invisible but intricate thread pulled him towards her, making him follow her, feel for her and cry for her. And now that he was almost on the verge of making her laugh, with a couple of days remaining for her to leave, he was backing off. 

Was this not what he wanted? Making Raavi step out of the room, the house, make her feel better, make her happy, let her live again, let her be Raavi again and now when she, herself asked him to go out and enjoy a day out, he backed off.

Coward

He was a coward.

"Shiva, you know you do not have to help me, I have been doing this all by myself all these years." Dhara said, as she looked at her devar, wiping the utensils with a dry cloth and placing them back on the stand. "And maa dekh legi toh mujhe aur naam rakhegi..." 

"Bhabhi," Shiva cut her off, shaking his head, "I like working, you know me. When I'm engaged in such activities, my mind stops harassing me with thoughts." He said as Dhara washed the utensils, an ear on him, listening intently. "And it is high time you get some rest, you should be ordering us three to do all this instead of doing it all by yourself." 

"But Shiva..." Dhara smiled at the always thoughtful Shiva, "I am used to this."

"You are used to, does not mean you should keep doing all of this." Shiva wiped the plate with the cloth, his face shining on it. "And I'll speak to mom, if she calls me bhaabhi-chaap, then be it. Thoda sunn lunga, anne su." 

Dhara and Shiva finished their task of washing and drying the utensils, the work really fastened as Shiva helped arrange the utensils back to its place and while he did that, the thoughts that were pounding his head since evening, now seemed to rest. But Dhara knew that something was up with him, and if Dhara had a soft corner for anyone, it was her Shiva, the one who was naïve, innocent and very thoughtful for others. 

"Mera kaam toh tune kar diya," Dhara faced Shiva, after they were done, "abh tu mujhe bata ki tujhe kya sataa raha hai." 

Shiva chuckled, "aapko kaise paata?" 

"Maa nahi hu, par bhabhi-maa hu." She smiled, ruffling his hair in adoration.

"Mere bhabhi, meri maa bhi," Shiva smiled, as he hugged her, and the moment he did, his eyes teared up. "Bhabhi, shayad mujhe, Raavi se... Raavi mujhe... pasand... pyaar..." He hesitated, not finding the right words and Dhara was for the first time scared than happy, because Shiva did not seem happy with this revelation. "Par woh... main... Dev..." He fumbled, shutting his eyes and hugged her firmly, "woh jaa rahi hai..."