# 31 #

mark walked into school with his head hanging low.

he had chosen to come earlier than usual to school to cross paths with the less students possible in the corridors, but sadly, there were already dozens of people around, staring at his every move.

it was monday morning, two days after the basketball match that mark's team had lost and 48 hours after the announcement of mark's and donghyuck's little adventure.

the canadian had hoped this was all a nightmare, and that he would be waking up, realising that none of this had happened, but the harsh glares he received from the people who used to be friendly with him made him understand that it wasn't the case.

mark hadn't talked to donghyuck since their conversation in the school's bathrooms.

he hadn't dared approaching dahyun either. he considered that having such things revealed would mean that dahyun and him weren't together anymore. he didn't feel the need to be screamed at by his girlfriend as she broke up with him.

he had already been humiliated enough.

trying not to pay attention to the loud chatters that erupted everywhere he passed, mark made a beeline to his classroom. he decided to sit at the very back row to receive as little attention as possible.

with a sigh, he let his bag fall to the floor and he leant on the table, nestling his head between his crossed arms, in an attempt to make his surroundings disappear.

he felt so stupid.

how couldn't he realise that this was all too good to be true?

donghyuck had never been sympathetic with him.

donghyuck despised him.

donghyuck didn't respect him.

he should have understood that this had been donghyuck's plan all along...

the only thing donghyuck wanted was to be better than mark. and he openly said it.

so, it was logical; because donghyuck didn't manage to be better than mark, he tried making mark worse than him... and what better way to do that than make mark cheat on his girlfriend?

this was unanimous: if you cheated on your girlfriend, you became the worst asshole this earth had known, and you didn't deserve to live a peaceful life anymore.

how the fuck could have mark not noticed that before?

all those times donghyuck had tried to help him with dahyun...

all those times donghyuck had been ambiguous with mark...

all those times donghyuck had made mark cheat...

this was all for one single thing: donghyuck's pride.

and mark was so stupid not to have realised that before.

with slow steps, donghyuck headed out of the school building to reach the soccer field.

he wasn't sure he really wanted to go there and practice.

but sadly, as team captain, he needed to be there every training.

well, as team captain... he was sure that he wouldn't keep this title for long...

"oh, look!" one of the players exclaimed when donghyuck placed his schoolbag and clothes in the changing rooms. "it's our national freak."