# 8 #

donghyuck huffed loudly as the brownish ball landed into the hoop once again, making the whole crowd around them scream.

mark's team had scored. again.

"YEAHHH!!" dahyun yelled, clapping her hands loudly as she jumped to her feet.

donghyuck was still wondering what he was doing here, watching the quarter-finals of the basketball national championship for college students.

they had been watching games since the beginning of the day, and now, mark's team had made it to quarter-finals.

as much as donghyuck didn't want to go to this game to see mark playing, he couldn't let his sister go there on her own, knowing that she would need to take the train and stay at a hotel for a night all alone.

so, donghyuck had felt obliged to go with her, which was why he was currently seated by her side while she cheered on her – annoyingly perfect – boyfriend.

"oh my god, this is a fucking miracle!" dahyun exclaimed, shaking her brother's shoulder energetically. "can you realise mark's team made it to quarter finals?! the first time he participated to the championship."

"yeah, a miracle." donghyuck snorted, trying to keep his anger inside of himself.

"plus, they're leading the score! if they keep going, they'll reach semi-finals!"

"yeah..." he growled.

donghyuck felt like everything was unfair.

what had he done in his life to deserve this?

how come his soccer team had participated a few times in the championship and had only managed once to get to the semi-finals, while mark's team participated once to the championship, and was on his way to beat the opposing team in quarter-finals?!

donghyuck almost wanted to kill himself right now.

but it wasn't necessary. he knew mark was hiding something. he had to be. he couldn't be naturally perfect.

a loud horning sound announced the end of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the 15-minute half-time. donghyuck stared at the players on the pitch, leaving towards their cloakrooms.

"i'm going to buy a drink. would you like something?" donghyuck asked his sister.

"water will do." she replied. "and can i have some chips too?"

"sure. i'll be back soon."

donghyuck stood up and followed the crowd of people that were walking out of the bleachers to get something to drink and eat.

however, instead of following them all the way to the food stall, donghyuck walked the opposite way, right through the doors with a 'no public entry' sign.

donghyuck wandered across the silent corridors, searching for the cloakrooms. he passed by a few players from the opposite team before finally hearing mark's voice inside one of the rooms.

from what donghyuck could hear, he was cheering on his teammates, and saying that they had played really well for the 2 first quarters, but that they needed to keep playing this way if they wanted to reach semi-finals. all in all, acting like a perfect team captain, which had donghyuck rolling his eyes.

the tanned male hid as the players walked out of the room to grab something to drink. once they were all out of view, he slid inside their cloakroom, searching for something to do that could help them losing their game.