~Apocalypse~ (Multiple Ships 2/3)

The only thing that kept Jihoon running for his life was the hand he was holding. Junkyu's cries for his lost friends pierced deep in his heart, but he had one last thought in mind- 'I need to protect Junkyu.' His strong will overpowered the grief, and that made him run as fast as he could with the opposing force of Junkyu trying to stop and go back to Jeongwoo and Haruto.

"Junkyu, please!" Jihoon pulled him when he was losing strength. He needed the other to cooperate. But Junkyu seemed to go numb, rationality lost from his mind.

"Don't do this, please, I can't lose you too!" Jihoon spoke, his voice trembling from the constant shattering of his heart. What if he died there? He saw some reckless zombies chasing them, speedier than them. They would get to them soon, and they would kill them. What if he got bitten first? Would he be the one to bite Junkyu? To turn him to those emotionless, ferocious beasts?

"Kyu, I'm begging you! Don't kill yourself! Don't kill me with you too!"

Junkyu sat down, on all fours. He was devastated, tired, he lost his will to live. He was feeble, he knew he wouldn't last. He felt bad for dragging Jihoon down. He looked at Jihoon with pleading eyes.

"Leave me here. And go. You can escape here, I know it!" Tears streamed down his cheeks. He was panting, his whole body shaking. Beads of sweat mixed with dirt and blood covered his face. He looked so vulnerable that Jihoon felt like sacrificing his all just to protect the loving boy in front of him.

He rushed to Junkyu and picked him up by the chest.

"We're leaving this place together, you hear me!?" He spoke out loud, with a groan near the end. He was at his limit; but that didn't diminish his vow of saving Junkyu.

"I'm just a burden to you all!" Junkyu sobbed. Jihoon started running again already. Junkyu crying behind him. Suddenly a loud cry made Jihoon look back, a zombie was hovering on Junkyu.

"You fucking beast!" Jihoon pulled Junkyu's arm so strongly that it could have been seperated from his body. Junkyu stumbled and fell in front of Jihoon, who punched the zombie directly on the face, making it bleed through the nose and teeth.

The moment the bloodsucker took to regain itself, Jihoon took that to grab Junkyu by the arm again. "Let's go! Fast!" He dragged the younger again and for some reason, Junkyu cooperated. Maybe he was scared to actually face death, maybe he just knew Jihoon would rather die than leaving him, and he didn't wanna let that happen. Jihoon deserved to live.

However, luck wasn't on their side. They were completely drained, physically and emotionally. The zombies were stronger, faster, more agile. It was only a matter of time that the two got outnumbered, outrun.

"Before I die," Jihoon spoke while crying. He knew his time was up. He failed to save himself, save Junkyu. He still felt glad that he had Junkyu by his side. He wished not to see Junkyu's death though, he also didn't wanna be the cause behind Junkyu's death. It wrecked his brain. His friends were dead, now it was his turn.

"Junkyu," he sobbed, "I just wanted to tell you that you are the most important person in my life." Jihoon spoke with all his heart, "I loved you for so long, but I never got to say it to you. I hope you know it before I die."

"You're not gonna die, Jihoon ah." Junkyu spoke while panting, he didn't know if it was the apparent truth or not. But he believed it well. "And thanks for loving me when no one else did."

Jihoon smiled a little. His heart was at ease.

He could wait for the zombies to take him now. But could he somehow, miraculously help Junkyu live?

He felt a strong force on his neck, pulling him to the side. His world was ending. How long do you stay conscious after a zombie bites you? 5 minutes? 3? 1?